Sleeping after giving up booze/tired constantly

Hi all, Any one struggle with sleeping after stopping drinking? I am knackered all the time. 15 days in.

1 Like

Yep. I just had to reset after 15 days but have been struggling with sleep. I’ve been taking melatonin and trying to keep a regular schedule. From reading others posts seems it can take a couple of months or so to straighten out. Congrats on 15 days!

Sleep is definitely an issue with any substance and the crazy dreams are great too. I found one thing that helped me sleep better than anything when I quit the booze. Not sitting on this app until 2 o clock in the morning and wondering why I’m tired all the time. :joy: :joy: :joy:

Bonkers nightmares! Thanks both

1 Like

Sleep still do hard to find. 35 days in and the booze bit is ok though 7 months was my last record so just should be the marker.

2 Likes

still with you last night was the best sleep in ages but my dreams are mental. I get quite excited to see what’s coming next,still odd how they are so real but don’t remember hardly any of them. Well done on your days BTW. be strong, sweet dreams :joy: :joy: :joy:

51 days sober, and tired all the time, yawning, beat, I mean I eat okay, I drink coffee, but it’s a different type of tired, it’s a TIRED tired. I feel you. Many aches and pains too, like a hangover every single day, it sucks.

Yes thanks mate. You are right. I a nice moment running today where it felt worth it! Strength and honour my friend.

Yes they are exciting but a bit disturbing. Fingers crossed fir tonight. :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

I slept a lot for months…it was kind of spotty sleep…so I took a lot of naps as well.

I’ve read somewhere you can learn a technique to control dreams might be worth delving into, sometimes while in my dream I’m like OK I’m just dreaming and this is cool, other times I’m like AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH.

I have had a really busy year with jumping from design contract to design contract- so I have some exhaustion from that. But I have never felt so sleepy, fatigued, heavy and hungry in my life since I started getting sober. I have been working since late November to make this happen, I’ve had some resets (my stints of sobriety are 4/ 17/ 6/and now in the 6th day - ) but the last 2 weeks I have been doing nothing but eat, sleep and forced exercise 2x day.

Im 30 days in AF and I was just reading up on this topic earlier today. Found what was mentioned above plus takes time to straighten out circadian rhythms and a rec to try B12, so I picked some up earlier today. Hope it helps.

1 Like