Sleepless nights

Anyone else in the same spot with withdrawls? Hate feeling alone while the world sleeps

2 Likes

Yes I’ve been there but it gets so so much better! Hang in there!

Just got day one over. Probably had about 3 hours sleep last night broken. But already looking forward to my bed tonight. Got a meeting with a counsellor today. First time I’ve tried this. Hopefully another 5000 day ones to come in a row.

1 Like

It takes time …you get that infamous 4hrs for a while…its rough at first my bed look like a hurricaine hit it everynight and id fight with pillows. The quality of that 4hrs will get better … Now i can say every pillow stays on the bed …lol exersize and hydrating are the two best things u can do…you can try meletonin or some chamomile tea before bed. It never helpped me much but maybe for others…

Literally day 2, have had 3 hours of sleep across those 2 days. It sucks so much, especially if you have to be productive during that time, but i have faith things will get better - every night sleepless increases the chance i get to sleep the next night

1 Like

Natural Calm magnesium is good stuff for sleep AND will keep you pooping, which I am horrified to say is kinda a thrill these days. Lord!! Anyway…yes, sleep can be elusive in early days, but eventually it does get better. Give the magnesium a try. I also sometimes take 2 mg of melatonin for a few days which helps me.

I don’t take them together. :+1:

1 Like

Plus one on the melatonin, it helped me bigtime!!!

2 Likes

I drink something called Get some Zzz’s by The Republic of Tea. It contains Valerian root extract. Knocks me out every time and I don’t feel groggy the next day.

1 Like

I take 10mg of melatonin, 800 mg of magnesium 25 mg of Benadryl and a cup of Yogi bedtime tea. Works pretty good.

Made it thru…sitting on the floor while the shower runs for like a half hr seems to help me…on my sunburn sucks though lol. I fly home today so this will b the real test. My dealer lives 5 min from me n he has endless amounts somehow n i have plenty of money too which kind of sucks n even if i block him the texts still come thru a diff box n he always texts when he has my favorites. I’ll be over 48hrs by the time i get home. I also feel a sense of major boredom without them

And thanks everyone! Sorry im soo focused on myself right now lol

Ive also battled drug addictions my entire life. Ive had maybe 2 years total sobriety, constructively too. I try to keep telling myself you can get back there again! You were healthy and happy!

1 Like

You can…one day at a time. Today is a good day to be sober.

Might have to try valerian again…used it 25? years ago with some success. Any specific brand recommendations?

1 Like

Actually I feel good, it really helps me sleep thru the night. I’m slowly cutting back on the Benadryl

Man, melatonin gives me wicked, vivid dreams. I take 1 mg before bed to help me sleep. Anymore and it’s on to night terror city! I think my worst cravings come from the sleep issue. I truly miss my Klonopin for that reason.

I can’t take any of the antihistamines because the dreams and night terrors are off the charts With that stuff!

Republic of Tea Get some Zzz’s. You can google it. I think it’s chamomile, spearmint, valerian and something else ? It’s really nice.

I get weird vivid dreams with melatonin as well. Sometimes I’ll take half a Tylenol PM. An entire one leaves me pretty groggy in the morning

All the PM stuff has antihistamines in it. I had a psychiatrist tell me to take Z Quil once and after a week I was so sleep deprived from the dreams and night terrors I almost went back into the psych hospital. Haha, I can laugh about that experience now but damn was it crazy back then! I can’t use the Patch to quit smoking for the same reason. If only I could translate those weird nights into fiction, I’d be making a ton of money!