Slipped and tripped but still standing

I quit drinking a while back… Now I had to get surgery on my right hand for carpal tunnel. Then two and a half months later on my left for carpal tunnel as well. I just got told that I have trigger thumb and now I have to get that operated on here come early March. Since my first surgery I got back into drinking beer and of course too much or too little doesn’t matter. Woke up this morning I found myself wondering what the f*** I’m doing I’ve gained 15 pounds being off. I’m drinking again and I want to quit so I’m back. Don’t beat me up too much. Everybody love everybody, thanks

9 Likes

The important part is that you’re back. Congrats on that step forward.

1 Like

No judgment here. Glad your back.
You know what it takes to be sober.
Keep doing that.

1 Like

Thanks I really needed that… Breaking down a bit. I’m ok though❤️

2 Likes

Thanks I appreciate it :heart:

Welcome back! Today is a great day to start the rest of your life :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds stressful…sorry about all those surgeries and your slip…but here you are back working your sobriety…that is a positive in my book!

1 Like

Welcome back, boss :blush::hugs:

1 Like

Like you said. You slipped and tripped and I’d add, found your footing again! Sounds like you know what to do now. Was the surgery a trigger or something else it brought up? Rhetorical question…something I ask myself when I feel like just one. Find my biggest obstacles are highs and lows. I’m good in the middle space provided I stay busy.

1 Like

You might have slipped and tripped but doesn’t mean you can’t stick the landing! Everyone’s path to recovery is different and relapse is a normal and sometimes necessary part of it. Reminds us of why we want/need to beat it. I know you can do it! Good luck :heart:

1 Like

You are here for yourself, you are not here for me ore us. So you are not gotten beaten up here :hugs:
Good of you to be back!
Learn and grow in your sobriaty :seedling:
Try to learn from your relapse so it won’t happen again.
Then you never have to be back on day one again, wouldn’t that be great?

1 Like

Hi Sober Guy -

I’m new here but I just wanted to say it’s great your getting back on the forum and talking and interacting. Good for you. I’m pretty scared of relapsing, scared of the slipping and tripping but even more so, scared of the never returning. So I’m glad you’ve returned! Sending healing mojo to your hands and wrists too.

2 Likes

You made it back that’s the most important part now time to start working on yourself daily

1 Like

Thanks and good luck with your new life. It’s going to be a journey one day at a time. Enjoy the rest of your day.

3 Likes

Welcome back! We’re not here to beat you up, it’s all about support. :hugs:

2 Likes

Things are looking good, of course :slightly_smiling_face:
Obviously we never have nothing more than just the present moment.
Therefore it’s important to enjoy it :raised_hands::ok_hand: