Slowly but steady

I am only 13 hours clean off of heroin this time. I am working 4 10s and I have no idea how I am going to press on. I keep looking back and wondering how the hell 6 months ago I was sober and never tried this shit and now my life is spiraling. How the hell am I going to make it through the next few days of wd and work. I can’t miss work but I feel like death

Hi ya I totally get the struggle of getting off heroin it’s the worst thing ive ever gone through but I promise u it will get better I’m not sure how much u was taking but thank god u can see after 6 months u got a problem and gonna stop . Have u thought about contacting your local drug service to get support? I had to go on methadone to help me quit the heroin as going cold turkey was too painful for me .

There isn’t much in my town to help with this stuff. More or less in patient and I can’t do that… when does it get better? Between me and my bf we were maybe doing a g a day? So at most I was smoking .5

1 Like

I felt the worst after 24 hours and it lasted a few days how u feeling at moment? X

I feel like death. Nose running, coughing all of that yummy crap. Nauseous. About to hit 24 hrs and my arms are killing me and so are my legs. I don’t know if I can do this, since I know this isn’t even the worst of it and I already feel like I’m dying.

1 Like

easier said than done but how many times are you prepared to go through this agony, you know you want to quit so as hard as it is going to be do it this once and you’ll never have to feel like this again. If you use it never gets better just more pain in the future or real death.

3 Likes

Bless your heart I remember that feeling so well them pains in the arms and legs feel like the worst ever pain I’d rather give birth !!! Have u tried laying in the bath ? It was the only place i could get comfortable! Where r u from ? I’m in UK. X

I’m from the states. I’m in about to take a bath here in a bit

That’s the thing, I can’t seem to make it past day 3 ever. I’m afraid that I can’t do this

36 hours and I feel like death. Slept like shit and now get to go to work

Your doing great hopefully being at work will help to get through it … I totally understand not being able to get to day 3 I tried and failed so many times I been clean for over a year now you can do it !!! I believe in you just remember it gets better and your worth a life off drugs . X

Thank you. This is so hard. How has it only been 36 hours?? It feels like days, I’m so tired and worn down. I just want to stay in bed and not move. I really keep second guessing how the hell I am going to make it to the other side

Is there any way you can take a few days off work so u can rest ? 36 hours is a long time off heroin u r getting through the worst of it I promise u … this time tomorrow u will have got through the worst of it I know it seems a long way away but take I 1 min at a time if u have to not sure if u believe in God but I would get on my knees and pray to get through this…I’m about all day so message me anytime I’ll help u through this x

I thought the worst was days 3and 4?? And probably not. I am going to call my manager here in an hour or so and tell her I need to go home early

Day 3 for me was the day I felt the worst but knew it would get better from them I ended up going on methadone cos I couldn’t handle the withdrawal I tried so many times and failed so I had to go to my local drug clinic and get help that’s just my experience but I do know lots of people who go cold turkey and get clean … I had a 100 pound a day habit I had to use every 4 hours at my worst … so once I got put on methadone I could then stop the heroin and in time I tapered off the methadone. X

Do you have the ability to take a medical leave of absence from work by talking to your Human Resources department? Use the time to get professional help to get back on track? Have courage to take all steps necessary. Just a thought.

I don’t think I do. Especially with the corona going on we are essential and short staffed as it is

Are days 3 and 4 really the worst

1 Like

it’s definitely a common theme, I’m a 48 Yr old bloke and I was crying like a baby convinced I was going to have a stroke or a heart attack but eventually after numerous attempts I would plan my day 3s around my days off work and make sure I had no other pressures that day. I knew what was going to happen and finally just sat it out… Never again!!!

1 Like

Almost 48 hours in. Which means day 3 is almost here

1 Like