Small town need friends

Unfortunately i live in a small town. Pretty much everyone drinks. So i need to take myself out of that place and make new friends. Canadian

3 Likes

Same here man, I live in tupper lake, NY. Super small town. I don’t have a license so I can’t get to a mountain or something to hike. Literally everything in this town revolves around drinking, any event or w.e, soon enough I’ll be able to attend them and have fun without the alcohol, it’s just getting through that bit of anxiety. And the only 3 friends I do have drink every single day.

1 Like

I have been to some great meetings in small towns. Great place to meet folks like you

Yeah I can’t wait Im warming up to it more, I’m going tomorrow at 7. Coming and talking here has made me want to do it even more

2 Likes

Just talking to people with the same struggle helped me exponentially. I isolated so hard for so long that I was afraid of people. Meetings helped me become social again… on top of getting and staying sober. Lol

I’m glad you’re going man. Just try to remember that everyone in that room was scared shitless their first meeting. At least I was

2 Likes