Small Wins..Big Victory

Hey All,
So here I am…i’ve just hit two weeks clean from Alcohol and Cigarettes (and the maybe bimonthly binge on coke). And I just had to tell you about my day real quick. I woke up…not hungover. I then proceeded to make my awesome dogs breakfast while enjoying a latte. I actually answered the emails and did the subsequent work created by them rather than either avoiding my email entirely, or having the guts to look at it, seeing an email that requires my attention, and promptly closing the window and then feeling guilty/mildly anxious about my avoidance.
I did some cleaning…my house is almost presentable again. Then…THEN…I wrote out my meal plan for the week and the grocery list that would need to be purchased to make that happen. WHAT!!! People actually DO that in life…I just became THAT prepared person. but…It doesn’t stop there. I had the clarity of thought to actually remember that I had an item to return at a near by store and I PUT THE ITEM IN MY CAR AND RETURNED IT! Some of you out there might think that nothing i’ve said should warrant a post…but to me…these are big freaking deals.

Two and a half weeks ago, my only thought when I woke up was to figure out what to take, eat, drink, watch in order to not feel like absolute garbage. My day was spent feeling terrible and figuring out how to get booze into me…all I cared about was getting DONE with whatever I had to do so I could go home and drink and smoke all night until I passed out.

I am going to finish the day by cooking for the week, and getting some more work done…maybe even a little yoga and meditation.

I feel like I am actually doing my life…not simply struggling to hang on for the ride with my eyes clenched and pray to make it through. It hasn’t been easy…and I know we are all struggling…a lot. I just wanted to take a moment to remind myself of why its all worth it. Everyone here has been so helpful in these past two weeks. You all help to remind me that we’re all swimming in this together. Thank you…and I hope you’re all keeping your chins up and staying sober today.
Much Love,
ELY

5 Likes