SMART Recovery 4point Program

Has anyone here used it?

1 Like

Yes…I believe I believe @Robketts has. There are others, but I cannot think of who at the moment.

1 Like

Hi. Not me. But if you search up above :mag: you will find some stuff.
Here’s one that might be interesting.

I did, but only the workbook. It’s quite like CBT. Good stuff, helps shift perspective.

There are meetings as well. Different philosophy from “that other program” :grin: but I never attended those [for SMART], so I can’t speak to that. It would have been nice to have people to talk through it with though.

CBT? What is that?

Cognitive behavioral therapy. I did some of that both as part of outpatient, and in general for other basic mental health therapy.

In that case I did do CBT as part of a group for a while. It’s an almost free thing offered by my hospital/insurance. It’s both a set of tools and a practice. So first they taught some basics about how it worked, then we joined group sessions where we discussed how we were applying it.

SMART is like that but I think technically “DBT” (dialectical behavioral therapy). I still don’t know what the difference is. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh, and @Soberbilly just mentioned they use SMART. (Hope you don’t mind the shout out, Bill!)

1 Like

Of course not just want to be helpful here

1 Like