Smoking Weed. Bad?

For me it’s a good thing probably life saving. I’m on 16 days without alcohol, which I probably wouldn’t have done without taking and occasional hit or two. It seems to take away my desire to drink. I was a daily drinker and drunk for like 20 years and have some health problems from it like fatty liver and other stuff. I didn’t smoke since I was a teenager and I don’t smoke it like I did then so I don’t feel like it’s a problem. Just a hit here and there and I’m content not being a raging alcoholic. Anyway if it works for you then I say do it. Some or most people will probably tell you we then you’re not sober or whatever. I say it’s your life journey, if it keeps you from drinking and you’re satisfied with who you are and what you’re doing then fuck the people that don’t agree with you are doing.

1 Like

Yes, it is

3 Likes

Short and str8 to the point, i like it :+1::laughing:

3 Likes

I have strong views over this, your smoking weed is not sober, although @Ray_M_C_Laren has pointed out some supporting facts, there are people out there who react very differently to weed, and not in a pleasant way. I’ve suffered first hand of someone who didn’t react great with the drug. My views on this will always be negative. Unless its for medical purposes id say stay away. In the end its still just a form of escapism. Maybe you should ask yourself what your trying to run away from?

2 Likes

Patiently waits for the potheads to show up…

tenor%20(8)

3 Likes

AMEN! Preach it man! This sermon brought to you by Reverend Tomi “Just the Facts Ma’am” of the Church of Joe Friday the Redeemer :laughing:
I wanna say that to so many people when they ask what they can take to help them stay sober and alleviate the withdraw symptoms. Youre supposed to feel like shit for a few months, thats how you learn how bad the shit really was and the whole point of sobriety is teaching your brain that you dont deserve to be in a euphoric state on demand and shoving your feelings and emotions back down with substances is just substitution, not sobriety.
Also, the whole logic is flawed to me…so let me get this straight, im supposed to go back to the same guy that handed me my first oxycodone script and helped guide me on the path to being an unmanageable junkie and take the next pill he tells me is gonna make my life better??? I smell bullshit lol. And if i ever want proof of it i just go home and hang out with my dad, the former opiate king turned klonopin & xanax zombie smh

3 Likes

If you dont see it as the same as drinking, and your goal was to just abstain from alcohol, then i think youre fine. Its never good to replace one substance with another and potentially having it lead to a habit such as the previous one…

But I do some people can smoke weed responsibly and not have it become a problem. I smoked weed for 6+ years, took 3 years off and occasionally have some… so far it has never been an issue.

1 Like

…let’s leave my height out of it :grin::joy:

1 Like

Alcohol is legal too…if the government made heroine legal tomorrow it wouldn’t change its effects on the brain. Use of any mood or mind altering substance isn’t sobriety, sorry. Whatever problems you had with your DOC you’ll almost certianly face sooner or later with weed. A drug is a drug. Addiction dosen’t know one drug from another. Our problem as addicts is with mood/ mind altering substances. Weed included. Thats not just my opinion either. It’s derived from millions of addicts personal experience who found recovery through complete abstinence over the past 60+ years. I follow Narcotics Anonymous to a tee. Our predecessors in the program are all addicts. They all tried to drink, smoke up, switch drugs…it did not work for them. It will not work for us… unless you’re not an addict. Then smoke away.

3 Likes

I agree with the whole what about perscription meds bit…as if your brain knows that a drug has been made legal for you lol. Narcotics are narcotics legal or illegal it has no bearing at all what so ever.

2 Likes

Sorry but im closing this thread before things get too heated. This topic has been discussed dozens of times