So anxious and depressed today :(

I’ve let my husband down again. He can’t stand to be lied to, that’s all he’s ever asked me for was honesty, and I waited four loooong days to tell him that I’d relapsed and hidden the bottle. :disappointed_relieved: I was so wracked with guilt and so ashamed and it just got worse with each passing day until finally it just boiled over and I had to tell him. I thought my heart was gonna explode. It felt like jumping off a cliff. I don’t know why I do this to my husband and myself, over and over. This was going to be my third serious attempt at getting sober and I only made it two weeks. :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved: I’ve gone 7 months and then 8 months before so i know i can do it. I am just terrified he is going to get fed up and leave. Feeling so low today :sob:

5 Likes

Welcome! You are among those that have been through all of this. This place is a great first step.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I guess the question we all have to ask our self after we relapse is “What are you willing to do to get sober”.

Being on this forum and reading everyday is a good start. I also found a lot of help reading books. The most popular authors are Allen Carr and Annie Grace. You will also find that many successfully sober people on this site suggest AA and IOP’s.

I hope whatever path you choose leads you to your new sober life.

2 Likes