So close to it!

I was so close to driving home and getting drink! My usual thing to do!! It was on my mind all the way home which was a 4 hour drive!! Then i remwmbered what a lot of you guys were saying about being complacent!! Then thought omg I’d have to go through this whole week again! You’re all an inspiration, even those who have had to reset… 6 nights sober. Thank you! :heart:

29 Likes

Well done. Having to redo week one is a really good reason to stay strong.

3 Likes

Good job! I hope you’re feeling just a little proud of yourself.

2 Likes

Right on! You are inspirational to us!

2 Likes

One day you won’t even think about it.

3 Likes

Well done!! :facepunch:

1 Like

Good work do not give in can you take different route home this could help play meditation on car stereo good self talk

2 Likes

Thank you… I’m 1 week sober now… can’t believe I’ve done it!!! I hope you are all well and getting through.

2 Likes

Did you get ahold of your doctor this week?

Hi @Ninetales… I couldn’t get in to see them but have managed to get appointment today. Funnily enough my symptoms are lessening every day that I stay sober!! But I’m still going to see the doc :blush: thank you for asking. I hope you are well? X

1 Like

I’m glad you’re going to the doctor. I’m even more glad your symptoms are subsiding as you abstain from drinking! That’s great. And, what is it, like 7 days sober now? That’s awesome! Good job. Keep me posted on what the doctor says, please. I hope it’s good news.

Hi… all ok at the docs. I’ve had so many checks over the last year or so. It was reassuring remembering what the checks were for and to KNOW I’m ok :blush:… 8th night now and still strong. Hang in there everyone!

4 Likes

I’m right there with ya. End of the week is toughy

2 Likes

What did the doc say about the bloating?

He said it’s probably the anxiety which I have to agree. Plus… since I stopped drinking it’s started to go down. In fact I’ve lost dome weight!! :grinning:

1 Like