So exhausted

I don’t know how everyone else does it or copes with the first 48hrs.
Alcohol detox has hit me hard and I feel like utter rubbish.
However, I hauled my butt out of bed this morning, packed my bag for the day, jumped on my bike, and went to my first AA meeting.
Man that was tough for me emotionally, and mentally, struggling with my situation and PTSD, social anxiety, but I did it!!

Feeling proud of myself, went to share my experience with a supposedly supportive friend, who proceeded to pour a drink Infront of me mid-conversation, while telling me how proud they are of me.
Not for a second…
Not for a second, did I feel a want or temptation. I feLt a wave of disgust immediately, grabbed my helmet and rode away.

It was the most satisfying ride I have had in a long time, knowing that I was strong enough to walk away and still with my first chip in my honestly in my pocket.

40 Likes

Listen you can do this this! It’s going to be the hardest thing you ever did in your life. I’m a recovering alcoholic, although I have many addictions alcohol was my drug of choice. I’ve been clean going on 5 years next month. I had a horrific childhood. I’ve been drinking since I was 6 years of age it started with my grandmother giving me a little sips of rum and coke She thought it was cute… I know how hard this is. Listen to what I tell you, you have to be honest with yourself! You cannot lie to yourself about nothing or this will not work! Everyday look in the mirror and know and out loud tell yourself “I ambeautiful person, I am well worth the struggle” and know that you have a set of shoulders
that are strongerr than anybody you know and believe me your higher power, is there with you! I believe in you, and I trust in you, I am here if you as well! If you need someone to talk to, someone just to listen, I am here anytime a day, or night. Believe me this is going to be the hardest journey you have ever had in your whole life alcohol is one of the hardest drugs in the world to come off of most people cannot do this alone, it takes an inner strength like nothing you’ve ever seen or ever had to overcome! But believe me with your higher power, mindfulness, spirituality and belief in yourself, I know you can do this. Get you a book about mindfulness study it, like it’s a Bible and believe in your higher power. I promise you if you follow these books you can do this. And again I believe in you! I trust you can do this, I am here, by the way my name is Liza💜

9 Likes

The first days are the hardest. Stick with it. It gets better and better.

3 Likes

Every part of this post filled my soul.
Make sure you get another chip tomorrow… and you keep taking chips because you deserve them.
:heart:

1 Like

So now I’ve been to my 3rd meeting in a row. It’s been really helpful to have an outing planned to look forward to. Helping heaps with leaving the house to begin with, and with breaking down some of my social anxiety.
I’m glad I’ve taken the steps to seek support.
3days 20hrs sober

1 Like

That is awesome. Seriously. Well done. The first days are the hardest. The first three, and then the first ten. After that, it’s in your head.

1 Like

Great job! Keep pushing!

@anon2681639 hi Jane it’s been a few days since you posted so i’m just wondering how are you feeling? i am on day 1 coming off alcohol and cigarettes (i decided to do them both together) and i am feeling pretty overwhelmed and raw! however i find this community very helpful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::pray:t3:hope you’re feeling okay today

4 Likes

Hi my name is Margaret i just read a post you made to a girl who is just starting out ,i made the decision to stop lying to myself today im sick of being this way and sick of telling myself im a binge drinker ,im not im a alcoholic and i need to give up drinking forever if i want to have a good life its done nothing but bring me pain as i cant control it ,anyway i just wanted to say hello and let you know i feel hope after reading your post

4 Likes

Hi @JuliaLuna and @Macy2020! Welcome to TS! So glad you are here. This community is a huge part of my sobriety journey. Lots of support!

1 Like

Thats amazing hun! It is really hard the first 48 hrs … it gets easier i promise . Once you start a new routine and a new way of life and set CLEAR boundaries with friends. I know its hard to be around people who drink but especially being freshly sober you should tell them about it and if they can’t appreciate it then stay away. This your sobriety! Your life! Not theirs. I’ve done a complete makeover on my life and got rid of everyone that uses… I don’t want people in my life that don’t want to see me succeed and vice versa. Boundaries are very important. Good coping skills. And self awareness

2 Likes

Hey I’m actually feeling much better. I slept last night for the first time since quitting drinking. I went to see my dr and explained what I was doing and they were happy to help me manage the withdrawal.
Early days are so off putting once the sweating and tremors kick in but seriously, stick it out. If you can find a meeting to go to for support, it will do you the world of good.
All I can say is chill up heaps of water and skull it til you get a brain freeze. It’s the most refreshing thing I’ve found since half frozen oranges.
Stick with it kiddo. You got this

4 Likes

Aw thank you so much, i’m so glad you’re feeling better and getting help managing the physical effects of the detox. and you’re sleeping, what a relief. you deserve it. happy for you :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

3 Likes

@JuliaLuna I’m so sorry you’re friend did that in front of you. A real friend wouldn’t do that. They would always respect your new journey to be sober. I’ve been there before, that first 48 is hard definitely. I haven’t had a drink since Friday and I’m slowly feeling better again and keeping myself busy with being a full time student, working and being a single parent. Keeping your eyes on your goals in life helps a lot. Getting back to being passions is also another great thing, I’ve yet do the yet but have started with the gym again as it helps keep those toxic habits away or thoughts for the matter. Im glad to have read your post, don’t give up we’re all in this together, I hope to see more of your posts soon(:

Im now day 5 and feel like such a tool for wasting so much time and money feeling sorry for myself

3 Likes

As @Englishd once put
‘if I’m driving down the road always looking in the rearview mirror,I’m gonna crash into a fucking :evergreen_tree: tree’…
Today is a clean day, enjoy it :wink:

1 Like

@Hazy I fucking intend on it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Job interview with a sick child, before starting work.
It’s gonna be great :muscle::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Aah sending positive vibes and that motherly patience and caring that we find deep down to help get them better speedily :heart:

1 Like

Aww thank you :two_hearts: He’s been in and out of hospital since October. Near lost him in November, but he’s slowly on the mend.

2 Likes

:pray::heart::pray::heart::pray::dizzy::pray::heart::pray::heart::pray:

1 Like