So here goes nothing

Hey guys so after 221 days sober I let myself become possessed by the demon of alcohol once again. After two weeks of playing with fire I became extremely depressed once realizing how far its claws had dug into my back, working me like a puppet. I decicided enough was enough and attempted suicide by downing an ungodly amount of vodka mixed with mutiple medications then throwing myself in a dumpster (drunk me no plan no good). I was found unconscious by a security guard who called 911. Once in the ambulance I had my very first seizure. I dont know how but I survived this ordeal and after a week in the hospital im good as new besides a limp from throwing myself onto my hip while hopping into the dumpster. 10 days sober today trying to get my life back come on me donā€™t fuck it up!:bomb: thank you for listening, Jesse.

11 Likes

Iā€™m glad you are ok. Alcohol is a nasty demon. You just hit a bump in the road, not a dead end. Just get back on the road and keep pushing forward. We can help each other out. Feel free to hit me up anytime

Iā€™m truley happy that you are okay. Addiction is a scarey thing. But look on the bright side. You made it so far, and I know you can do it again.

Weā€™ve ALL had relapses. The most important thing is what you learn from it. Have you gone to AA meetings? I go to NA and I can honestly say it saved my life.

I wish you the best in your journey to sobriety! You CAN do it!

Thank you I appreciate it more than you know. I wish my relapse didnā€™t turn into such a major incident but Iā€™m confident I can beat this thing, This is a brautiful life and I have a lot to live foršŸ˜Š

2 Likes

Thank you Iā€™m happy too I definitely got lucky and I donā€™t plan on taking life for granted anymore. I have gone to AA thatā€™s how I got sober the last time and even though I only went every day for maybe a month it changed my outlook on things and I almost made it a year sober.Hearing stories and the different perspectives of people that suffer like me really helped me get out of my own head and stay focused. Iā€™ve scheduled therapy and am going to a cognitive behavior group therapy meeting on monday. sorry for ramblingā€‹:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:Thank you for replying it means a lot.:blush:

2 Likes

So glad you survived. Staying sober feels so hard, but I donā€™t think any of it will ever be as hard as waking up and hearing what happened that night. I woke up with burn marks on my body once, and eventually figured that I did it to myself. Hope you have good support where you are-- and that youā€™re able to go to meetings. Iā€™ve heard a lot of stories from people in AA with similar experiences, and theyā€™ve managed to get some sober time. It can be done. Nothing is over yet for you. Youā€™ll be in my prayers, which is saying something, because Iā€™m pretty agnostic!

1 Like

Thank you ashlee Iā€™ll take all the prayers I can get (also agnostic) support for me has seemed to dry up! I get it I guess after a while people no matter how close get sick of the bs. Iā€™m hoping these cbt style counseling sessions help fingers legs and eyes crossed!:dizzy_face: I hope youā€™re doing well to stay above water in this fight for life, I believe in us.

Glad you are still with us and thank you for sharing. I know it must have been horrific for you. I have been in the company of co workers drinking tonight and it was tough at the start but I read this and you have helped me as 165 days in you forget a lot of the crap that alcohol caused and it was a reminder of how disastrous things become. You have helped me today so thank you.

Praying for you, stay strong and embrace whatever help is on offer, we canā€™t do it alone.

1 Like

Thank you I agree going in alone was the mistake I made the first time around. Im truly glad I could help I donā€™t get to feel that way much nowadays. I wish I would have been more mindful of my past with alcohol before I messed everything up but its one foot in front of the other from here on out, moving in the right direction with the right kind of support holding me upšŸ˜Š

Donā€™t let a setback set you back! The good thing is that you had a setback, reprioritized, and came back. Youā€™ll be a lot better for it. Heres a tip if you want it; I wrote down all my ā€œsymptomsā€ or signs that I was heading for a relapse on a note card. It helps me to see those signs when I have them on my bathroom mirror and refrigerator so I can do somthing preventative to head it off.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip man I think thatā€™s something that could help me out. I appreciate you responding.