So I had to reset 😔

Not feeling good at all since 2 days. First day I am alone and without appointments since 3 weeks and I coudn’t handle it so I went to smoke.
Tabarnac.

1 Like

Dont forget though there is a difference between a lapse and a relapse. Also just because you had a lapse doesnt mean you lose your clean days. The last time I relapsed I had the thought process of “well now I dont have any clean days so fuck it, what’s the point?” And used for a few more months until I decided to stop again and then 2 months later I used once and got back on the next day because someone told me that just because I used doesnt mean I lost all my clean days I already had. I just wanted to pass that along because I had never thought of it that way and it helped me. Its discouraging having to start all the way from the beginning so thinking of it in that way, I feel makes it a little easier to keep going. Good luck. You got this.
“If you fell down yesterday, stand up today”

6 Likes

That’s really good advice. I like it. One day at a time.

2 Likes

What R said! Make this a Hiccup! An a Hiccup only!! Don’t Beat yourself up! Just get back on the Bus! Your Drivin!

1 Like

Brush the dirt off and keep on.

I will say this though, in regards to starting over, and YMMV: I quit drinking because it became a problem for me. If I take one sip of alcohol tonight, then that’s a reset in my eye. Back to Day 1.

Don’t let it discourage you, just get through today, and worry about tomorrow tomorrow. The days will get easier, just stay focused.

1 Like

Merci.
I needed that.

Nothing wrong with a reset! I had a year and a half with two different days that I decided to drink just once each time 3 weeks apart. Same thing as you stated I just couldn’t handle it. Or so I thought… Now I am 2 months 25 days sober again. Everything that I learned from the first year and a half I still have. Now I have a even better view on my sobriety and God willing I will be at 90 days again soon! Keep at it! Stay strong and don’t let our disease control you! You got this! No one but you cares about your sober date. Just remember one hour, one day at a time. You’ll be back to where you want to be!

2 Likes

Yeah. I’M the one driving. Gotta just control my vehicle!

Thank you.
I will get through this day and get back on track tomorrow.

1 Like

You are right
No one cares but me about my reset. I just need to say to myself that it’s “un accident de parcours” like we say in french.

Thank you.

1 Like

One day one is one day won

1 Like