So sad and depressed

I drank last night. I hate that I am so weak. I feel like crap. I feel so lost and alone. I just want to beat this disease.

2 Likes

AA and the people there have helped me to stay sober for 362 days. I thought I could do it on my own but I was wrong and continued to make the same mistakes. Maybe a meeting could help you too.

12 Likes

When you fall off the bike, best response is to get straight back on. Don’t beat yourself up, look forward not back, history cannot be changed but the future is all yours. Having the desire to stop is half the battle.

4 Likes

Relapses suck. Is there something you’ve learned from this one? Learning from your mistake, adapting or escalating your recovery plan, and getting right back into recovery can help you move forward from here and get into a better position.

Feeling weak doesn’t mean you’re going to keep failing, but it should make you examine if relying on your own strength alone is a good idea. I know for myself that my best chances are in a sober community. For me that’s AA and Talking Sober. It’s up to you what your path is going to look like.

The silver lining is that you can leverage your negative emotions to your benefit. Writing down how bad this relapse makes you feel, then reading it when you feel tempted next could help put things into perspective. You could even write down some phone numbers on the back that you plan to call when you’re in a tough spot and need others to help you stay strong.

I hope you can move past this part, stay with us in recovery, and enjoy the better days ahead.

8 Likes

Thanks for the support. I definitely have been trying to stop on my own. I am going to try to find a meeting to go to tomorrow.

1 Like

This thread is giving me a lot of good ideas too!!! I think I didn’t have good tools to fix and face my fears and problems. This app had helped me understand that I’m not alone in this fight. And neither are you! :slight_smile: stay strong! :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

5 Likes

This is really hitting home right now for me. I used last night & now I feel consumed with self hatred. I feel defeated and worthless. I cant even control my own choices, I’m weak. It’s a terrible feeling & its swallowing me whole right now

2 Likes

Glad you came! Maybe write down how you feel right now. Most of us romanticize our drinking and thinking back on the “good” days. But the way we drink offers us a lot of bad things. Write them down and put the paper into your wallet. When you feel the urge to drink: read it. It may help! :+1:

3 Likes

I’m 320 days sober, I got that way when I realized there was no beating this disease. AA, IOP and individual therapy really helped me get and stay sober, might could help you too.

Stop fighting and start winning. Surround yourself with people who know the struggle.

2 Likes