Sober 653 days

Hey guys , looking to get out of a slump. Stressed all the time with work and family life. Sober 653 days today. Battling depression and anxiety. Taking 5htp to help. Still lost all my coolness over the last year. Loved going out but being sober i am having a hard time learning how too. Was in the gym 5 days a week and havent went in 3 weeks . Damn down and out in NWI

1 Like

653 days is AMAZING! I can only imagine, I’m only at 32 days, for the second time. But, you posted because you’re having a hard time. We’re all bound to hit some slumps sometime, you did good getting on here and reaching out for help. With 653 days, you must already have quite the toolkit to help keep you sober - are your tools not working this time? Or are you just way more stressed and anxious and depressed than you’ve been before? Take deep breaths. You can get through this sober. There is no problem that drinking or using can’t make worse.

Have you ever seen a psychiatrist for the depression and anxiety? Is this new, or something you’ve dealt with for a long time? In any case, I’m here if you want to talk.

1 Like

Thank u. I am liking this site already.