Sober 8 days and counting

Hi I’m new to hear and wanted to introduce myself🖐️ For the last 6years I’ve been using alcohol as a way of dealing with things… Have a good days have a drink to celebrate it, have a bad day have a drink to make it better. Im not a person who drinks every day however when I do drink it’s never just one or two it’s drink till im black out drunk and can’t remember a thing. Last year I’ve noticed I’ve started drinking more and more at home and again it’s to the stage where I wake up in the morning not remembering how I got from down stairs to bed. I have been someone who has played sport my whole life and at a high level and for last while used the excuse that I want to relax and enjoy myself rather than putting the effort into training and playing where the real reason is I’d rather sit at home drink than put the effort into myself. I’m just back off a once in a life time holiday and the first day of that holiday I spent it in bed running to and from the bathroom getting sick after getting so drunk on the flights/bus trip that I don’t remember getting to the accommodation and my partner having to put me to bed. It was then that I’ve decided that this has to stop. I’ve tried the whole I’ll have just one or two and that be it be it never works it always ends up with me being blackout drunk. I’m hoping I can do it this time it’s going to be a long road but I know I can do it💪

10 Likes

Welcome Peanut
Congratulations on your 8 days.
Sounds like you’re powerless over alcohol after you take that first drink. That’s exactly how I was, and I know quite a few of us around here are. I’m glad you found us.

Have a good read around.
Keep an open mind.
Join in when your comfortable.

I could never stop drinking alone.
I finally got support and I’m finally doing it.

Hope to see you around Tash
:pray:t2::heart:

Thanks @Dazercat

1 Like

Hi Tash and welcome, I’m only on day 3 so you’re ahead of me! :blush: I’ve had an awful time recently and this place has helped me enormously. There is so much love and support. Keep letting us know how you are getting on and I’ll be doing the same x

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Tash. I think you’ll find this community helpful. Lots of support and encouragement here. I wish you well on this journey.

We are sober buddies tash, im on day eight too :grinning:

I know the feeling well of having one drink and then ??? Followed by waking up

Stick around, be active here. There is so much knowledge and support

Good effort for making the step mate
I’m coming up 4 days and I was the same why have two when I could have twenty two and just lose track of everything that’s going on.
I’ve just got back in the gym after a long time and starting to feel better hope you find that one thing to keep you on track too :muscle::facepunch: @Peanut23

Welcome to the community!
I’ve only been here a few weeks, but the support I’ve found is amazing and I’ve been learning so much to help me on this journey. There are so many fantastic people here who understand addiction and can offer comfort and non judgemental advice.
I hope to see you around :heart::v:

1 Like

Last night was hard I had planned on staying up and watching the women’s world cup match which I would normally do with few drinks. But went and got myself a mcflurry and went to bed. Got up and did a 35 km cycle today as well so delighted with that