Sober All Sports

3 Likes

boston-celtics-boston

4 Likes

Oh Canada my home and native land. Best of luck Germany. You’re gonna need it :smirk:

Edit to add. I want to see the nuggets take the title I don’t think anyone is stoping Jokic and my fellow Canadian Murray. I said before I would like to see Butler win it but now I am thinking he had his moments already these playoffs

2 Likes

Are you fucking kidding me Boston :scream:

3 Likes

Wow I thought it was over for Miami, then it looked like Boston blew it, then a miracle tip in by White for the Boston win. Not sure what may happen in game 7 but if its anything like this wild finish I can’t wait

3 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS LATVIA!

Ice hockey world championship 2023 BRONZE medalists! :3rd_place_medal: Latvia’s first ever medal in these games!!!

Defeated USA 4-3 on overtime. Wowza!!!

5 Likes

Is anyone interested in the final day of the Premier League season? Always an exciting watch. Probably a bit too exciting if you are in the bottom 4.

3 Likes

Congratulations to team Canada, the Germans and Latvia. Canada’s sporting culture is quite varied and competitive. Some of us though (alot of us) really get rilled up for hockey, especially the Olympics. Growing up in a country where its almost a right of passage to watch a program called hockey night in Canada not hockey night in Banff, Ottawa, Halifax, Toronto, Regina, St. John’s or Montreal it’s Hockey Night In Canada. Hard to belive it’s not our countries official sport.

2 Likes

6 Likes

I am READY :shamrock::shamrock:

7 Likes

I hear you. Finland is mad about hockey too, even on a national level. Also, it’s not our official national sport (which is Finnish baseball).

1 Like

Our national sport is Lacrosse.
Edit to add. Educated myself just now and Candaa has a National Summer sport Lacrosse and Winter sport hockey. Cool

2 Likes

I don’t think we have a national sport here. Although Fierljeppen might come close. The Friesland - Holland contest a fixture of the summer in my youth.

4 Likes

This is awesome! How hasn’t it made the Olympics?? Not sure what England’s national sport is, but do any other countries have cheese rolling or welly wanging?

Edit: apparently it is cricket. I guess that feels quintessentially English, but it is certainly not the most popular. Kids aren’t playing cricket at the park or in their lunch break for example.

3 Likes

Always excited to see a fellow Canadian do well. Congratulations to Nick Taylor on being the first Canadian to win the PGA’s Canadian Open in 69 years. Let’s goooo

Denver may win their first NBA Championship tonight. Fourth quarter coming up

3 Likes

4 Likes

My fucking heart :broken_heart:

2 Likes

I don’t agree with Boston’s thinking here. I’d kill for a player like Smart in Philly.

2 Likes

Lot of intangibles. He was the heart of that team and bled green through and through. I hate to see it.

But, I have to trust that Brad Stevens has a plan. He hasn’t done me wrong yet.

I also was vehemently opposed to the KG trade due to losing my favorite Celtic at the time, Al Jefferson. Know how that one turned out, shows what I know.

4 Likes