Sober and new gym routine

Hi guys, im 2 days sober…thinking to join gym any ideas how to start and what to do to make a gym workout routine ? And where to start from? This would help me remain sober and make myself busy…
so if anyone is a gym person pls help a beginner here :grin:

3 Likes

I do this.

I do not do legs as I have an injury which prevents that.

Day 1: Chest and back.
Day 2: Abs/calves
Day 3: Shoulders
Day 4: Abs/wrists
Day 5: Arms
Day 6: Sauna/steam room/pool

I repeat, I do not take any days off. And I try to make sure the sun never catches me sleeping.

Morning routine:
Wake up 0420
Pray
Gym 0430
Devotional
AA reading
Eat/get ready
Take kid to school & 645 AM
Crush rest of day.

Hope this helps. Congrats on day 2! Huge.

2 Likes

You may find some helpful tips on the following thread:
Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness :fire:

3 Likes

There are monthly fitness challenge threads here, and people adapt the routine to their ability.

Here’s threads on how folks here get and stay sober, and the latest fitness challenge. Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your sobriety.

1 Like

7 days thinking to start with morning walk then gym

Thanks a lot…

1 Like

What are you looking to achieve? If you want to strength train strong lifts 5x5 is a great program for beginners.

1 Like

Not sure if you are in the states but for a beginner I would recommend planet fitness. They have classes and can help you learn movements. I went there the first 2 years of my fitness journey and really appreciated the knowledge I gained

1 Like

Aww i wish but i am at australia… will try n have a look around here some of the good ones

I’m 54 days sober and 53 days at the gym. I’ve been walking on the treadmill for an hour a day. It’s a start for me to occupy myself.