Sober and trying to stay positive

So i am on day 42 of being sober , this is the longest i have been sober since i started drinking when i was 17 , i am 29 now . I never thought i had a problem until these last couple of months when i was drinking practically every single day , i stopped cold turkey in september , but it hasnt been easy ive been experiencing episodes of depression throughout the days , i try to maintain busy , but sometimes it just gets to me and when it does it just throws me into fear that i will always feel like this . Anyone experience similar problems while going through this process ?

3 Likes

Just today! I managed to turn it around, but it was worse than most days. I’m staying hopeful that if I stay focused on what is important and allow short periods of sadness but not let them linger too long that it will get better.

1 Like

It will get much better trust me ur body is still adjusting to life without alcohol ,years of heavy drinking won’t repair it self quickly so give it time I’ve been through the depression stage it will pass so stay strong :muscle:

Yeah i hear you most days im able to maintain a positive attitude , but for some reasons weekends tend to be the hardest.

1 Like

Thank you darren :sunglasses:, i look forward to those days when this all passes , and im able to fully enjoy the benefits of my sobriety.

1 Like