Sober but same attitude

So I’m going on 16 months. And life as been getting hard. Haven’t had time for AA or any type of recovery. I’m back to being angry and mean to everyone. Starting to tell small lies and finding ways out of things. I know what I have to do to fix it. But WAY don’t I? I know the outcome but yet I still do stupid stuff and horrible actions even sober. I feel just as bad as I did when I was drinking

2 Likes

I just listen to this guy today on my 3 mile walk. I never heard of him.
He’s pretty funny but he works in some great messages. Maybe you can relate.

Congratulations on your 16 months.

I stay sober because I don’t think I have another recovery in me
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll definitely take time to listen

We have a saying, a truism. “Nothing changes if nothing changes”.

3 Likes

That’s very true. I can’t believe that everything snuck up on me like this. But again I know it’s my fault. And I know I can get back to where I was. I was just at a place where I was scared to ask for help or even say anything. That’s why I got back on here.

2 Likes

For me when i start getting that way heard it called dry drunk just everything is negative and im just an a**hole to everyone and everything around me. I know its time for an attitude adjustment and i go to a meeting and i feel alot better. Can take out the alcohol but the acloholic attributes remain until we learn how to improve them and clean house. Great job on 16months of sobriety keep it up.

1 Like

Arrrg. That 4 letter word. H.E.L.P.
We hates that word.
We’re strong we got this.
No I don’t.

I’m 6months sober and in the same boat. Thank you for being brave and posting this. I look forward to reading all the supportive responses.

3 Likes