Sober Canvas

What a wonderful thread and what an inspiration. Can’t wait to see more of your art. You are a wonderful community and I’m so glad of being a little part of it. Thank you all.

2 Likes

Sorry it’s sideways, but here’s another drawing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been doing some self portraits for self confidence.

3 Likes

Lovely I :heart: :owl: I like it’s expression

1 Like

Those are really good! It’s amazing how much you can see into someone’s head when you look at their art. Especially when they tell you the story behind them.

3 Likes

Thank you. I used to do one a day. But I struggle to stick to things. Do you draw?

1 Like

I started learning in my first 4 months sober. I’m sure if I let the expectations go I would be able to draw something worthwhile. I really need to get back to it. Historically I’ve done artsy stuff most of my life, but just dabbled here and there. In those first months of being clean I spent an absurd amount of money on art books and supplies and I really should be using them. I got some nice colored pencil sets, a set of Tombow markers and a set of decent watercolor paints. I always considered myself much more of a writer but my brain fog is quite severe and I can’t focus at all, so I haven’t been doing it. I think drawing or painting might be a much better hobby for me right now.

Clearly I too struggle to stick to things. :wink:

I love it(you are a killer Artist)!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m fascinated by owls. :slight_smile:

I’m honored you like what I’ve shared so far. I haven’t been as into it here lately, but I’m hoping to get a new camera eventually and try to shoot the way I did in the past.

2 Likes

Uploading…
This is a quick sketch of my kitty for a thank you card.

Hmm. It didnt finish unloading. I’m so curious to see it!

:thinking:

5 Likes

Oh, I like da kitty!! Pwetty kitty. (yes, I’m being goofy…but I do love cats)

2 Likes

My kitties make this same face at me all the damn time. So cute!

Just took this pic from the front yard after tonight’s evening rain; a beautiful Idaho sunset.

9 Likes

Took this during my bike ride today

7 Likes

8 Likes