Sober day 1 already kicking my behind

Day 1,

one and a half hours in and this sucks.
I was awake at 5 AM My stomach and body hurt from drinking all day yesterday and over eating late last night as a result. I am trying to exercise but my brain so badly wants to drink to make it easier. I know it won’t make it easier. This is terrible and I can do this!

6 Likes

Today you are a new creation! Don’t look back at what you did in the past, that is done and over with. Keep your eyes focused ahead of you and the bright future you have!

2 Likes

I think you need to take it easy for a few days. Your body is already doing a lot to rid itself of toxins. Treat this like a horrible flu. Take naps, drink tea, get fresh air. Don’t expect yourself to do much more beyond that for now.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

2 Likes

Day 1 can be game changer. Glad you are here fighting for better days

1 Like

Damn, that is a horrible position to be in. Such a good reminder of why we are attracted to this forum. What is the point of pouring that poison in us, right? This is the result. Been there. I never want that awful feeling ever again. I drank in my dream last night. When I woke up I was incredibly relieved it was only a dream and I am not starting from day 1 again. Nine days ago it was day 1 for me, again. I am on top of the world right now. The air smells fresher, Christmas lights are bright and twinkling. The good thing is that we are in full control of putting that drink to our lips. The bad thing is that we are in full control of putting that drink to our lips. It would be nice if someone could just fix it for us yet no one can. Personally I needed several rounds of this crappy cycle to finally bring it home. We all have different experiences that make the journey vary. I hope you can really sit with this feeling and use it as a motivator for your future. Nothing tastes or self-medicates as good as health and clarity feel. My very, very best to you, my friend. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I took the first three days and did nothing. I literally stayed on the couch drifting in and out of sleep. I think I binge watched Merlin with my youngest daughter.
I went back to work on the Monday because I needed to not because I really wanted to.
I still took it easy though and for the first couple of months did nothing more than work bath bed. The basics got done.
I read on here all I could. Read other people’s experiences. Most said be ready for a life changing experience. Listen to your body and look after yourself. This means not expecting too much at first.
Our body heals when it heals, if we treat it right and feed it right and hydrate. Hydrate is important. Even if you don’t think you need it, drink water.

4 Likes

@K1121, yes today will suck, and tomorrow and this entire week will on a physical level probably suck. And that’s ok. At the same time, you’ll begin to see the light in a few days. Any minute away from liquor you’re giving yourself a better chance for a better life, the life you deserve to have. Beyond your wildest dreams.
Use this state of mind you have right now. Write out what you feel, how you’ve felt over the last period of your drinking, what you hope to change in your life with sobriety. You’ll look back on it with horror and gladness later.
Stay strong girl, if any of us can do it, so can you!

5 Likes