Sober day 9 check in

Tomorrow will be 10 days that I’ve been sober from alcohol!! I’m trying my hardest to ignore the craving. I’m still dealing with some body aches and a bad headache. I have very little motivation to do anything. I did get on my treadmill for 10 minutes but my back was killing me. I know the motions and withdrawals are almost over and I’m not going to give up. One day at a time…

4 Likes

@littlemisschatterbox you’re awesome!! Thank you.

1 Like

I always reminded my self in the beginning, "if I dont pick up that first drink…I wont have to go through this again!

3 Likes

@Thirdmonkey is so right…you have the hardest part done!! You broke the vicious cycle and now you can start rebuilding. Congrats on 9 days!!

2 Likes

@Thirdmonkey you are absolutely right! Thank you.

1 Like

@Nordique thank you!!

1 Like

Fight like you are the 3rd monkey in line to get on Noah’s Ark…and it’s starting to rain!

4 Likes

Hi 10 days is a great achievement each day is have you thought about going swimming that’s what I do after a hurredous benzo detox I felt so weak and myy muscle weakend where I’d been in bed and not moving for 2 weeks except to dress n brush teeth if I could do that do that, but I knew I had to get into some exercise not for fitness but for my mental wellbeing, I find with swimming your weightless so there’s no pressure on your body especially early day recovery our body’s can’t deal with to much,and the extra bonus it’s gets me out of house for a hour aswell

1 Like