Sober for 4 third day without weed

Hi, I’m Steve, 21 years old. Doing my second year law degree at the Uni of Liverpool. My story of weed began when one of my friends told me to try some green, I really like it but after my third year of smoking I started feeling unwell psychologically. Irritated easily, panic and anxiety took my life under there claws. I’m not blaming him since I tried it willingly and have to stand what I had stepped at. Maybe many people think it is easy to just quit weed and it is not addictive. The craving is hell, the anxiety and panic is torture, sometimes I just feel like I’m losing myself and passing away like a goner. Anyway, Since a couple of months I have decided to take short breaks then start again with only one lil joint at the night. Fortunately it worked but the only problem that I’m losing my appetite severely but I have read that I’ll be fine after couple of days. I’m sober for three days in row now and going to 2 weeks this time, then I’ll only smoke a joint every Friday or Saturday ( until I control everything back) then I’m considering my long sobriety:) wish me a luck yall lovely people <3

2 Likes

Hi!! Glad you’re here!
Weed can be a very difficult thing to break away from. I went through the same thing when I was in college- it was definitely rough the first few weeks! Having gone without for a sustained period of time (about 3 years), I can now suuuuper occasionally enjoy it without the repercussions of constant daily usage. Keep moving, it’s definitely worth it

Thanks for your kindness Nancy, if is it alright to you please tell me how occasionally you are smoking now?
And also have you got any suicidal thoughts during the period of smoking and with the withdrawal??
And my last question is have you got any emotional disorder during smoking and after stopped it? (sorry I’m annoying sometimes)
I hope you doing very well now and recover your good quality of life <3

1 Like

So I live in the states, and in my state, it’s legal now. Prior to that, I’d say…like maybe once every few months? Now, it’s closer to once a month or so. I usually try a new edible, they seem to agree with me the best.
As far as suicidal? Totally, but I wouldn’t attribute all of that to my weed usuals, though my usage did amplify the problems. College is a FUCKIN HARD TIME. I will say, I felt less suicidal feelings after I stopped daily usage.
As far as walking away with a diagnosis…i didn’t attend therapy until I was out of college. I did as a kid when my dad was deployed, but that was a much different focus. Once I started making my mental health a priority, I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. I think it was kind of always there, though.

1 Like