Sober friends - NE UK

Hey anyone in the North East UK? I’m looking for some new sober friends to grab a coffee with, go for a walk, chat about recovery.

1 Like

Hey David. How you doing?
There’s a few of us from the UK here. I’m from the west Midlands myself but we are scattered all over.
Welcome to the forum. It’s a good tool to help.
None of us have actually met, that I know if but we are planning a walk in the Peak District later in the year.
Have a look at the Sober Hiking Thread.
Stick around bud.

4 Likes

I’m good thanks, 16 days and counting! I’ve done longer but it’s been a constant battle and things went tits up around Xmas. A walk in the peaks sounds good, not my usual stomping ground so would be nice to be with a group.

3 Likes

Hey there :wave::wave: great work on your 16 days :+1: North west here.

Have you tried any local meetings, I found that a great way to meet local sober folks.

3 Likes

Thanks and yeah I go to a few meetings, usually 3 a week but keen to expand my network and keep away from nights in the pub!

3 Likes

Great plan :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve never been there, and it’s not the sort of thing that I would usually do. So it’s worth doing.
Like when I did my first solo wild camp at 6 months. Testing myself, getting out of comfort zones has helped keep me going.

3 Likes

Hi mate. I’m from near Manchester :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi mate - I’m from the South Coast - near Portsmouth - originally from Blackburn - good luck on your journey

1 Like

I’m from Cambridgeshire… so nowhere near!

1 Like

It’s nice to be involved though eh :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It’s the taking part that counts right? Lol

2 Likes