Sober Leg Selfies #2 (Visible bottoms required) bring your sock game & leggings šŸ§¦ (Part 1)

Thank you Matt! Iā€™ve never had an MRI before so Iā€™m a little nervous and a lot claustrophobic. Iā€™m hoping it goes well lol

2 Likes

Only your leg will go inside the MRI - you shouldnā€™t feel claustrophobic at all.
Just need to lay still for 20-30 mins depending on the images they want. Most will even put music through the headphones for youā€¦ Which help a little as those MRIā€™s are loud!

3 Likes

I feel that in my soulā€¦I went out with friends last week while on vacation and I kept saying see I am just as much fun sober too. I laughed, dances, the bartenders kept bringing me snacks and kept my soda full.

2 Likes

Great vacation timeā€¦back to reality tomorrow.

20 Likes

Hopefully you get some good news

1 Like

Oh man. :cry: Sorry Lea. I hope itā€™s not too painful. And I hope the MRI gives you the results you want.
:pray:t2::heart:

And what @AyBee said about music.
They let me bring my ear buds and phone in for my 2 procedures. Donā€™t know about an MRI. But soothing meditation or music while your waiting can be comforting.

1 Like

Look at you with ten months AF baby sitting a swimming pool without alcohol. It really is freeing.
So happy for you Kait.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

They likely wonā€™t let you bring your own earphones in as they will get a little funky with the super strong magnets of the MRI.
Because the machine is so loud they give you ear protection and can pipe music/radio through that - but you donā€™t get much choice in music style. It helps as a distraction but you can still hear the MRI pretty darn good - those bad boyā€™s are LOUD (though a little better than they used to be)

3 Likes

I guess it could be useful here during the really warm summer days. Those are rare though, and most houses here doesnā€™t have AC. We just open the windows

The MRI machine makes a lot of noise, rumbling and grinding as it rotates. I actually drifted off, I find that kind of ocean type sound to be good for meditation and dozing. Whatever news you get, you will be able to adapt and you will be able to stay sober. :pray:

2 Likes

It isnā€™t bad as I thought it would be. And my favorite partā€¦ waking up with no regretsā€¦ no worries about saying or doing something stupid. And just having clear memories of all of the good things! I literally just had the best weekend and Iā€™m never going back to my old ways! Keep up the great work gf. Letā€™s live our best life!!

2 Likes

Thank you @Dazercat you are always so encouraging! Hugs!

2 Likes

Early morning run. Now off to work

16 Likes

I hope you get good news. Like @AyBee said only your leg will go into the machine. I find the humming noise to be somewhat relaxing, it is loud.

1 Like

Leaā€¦good luck. Fingers crossed for good news!

1 Like

Hope you heal quickly! Iā€™ve had 3 mris. 2 on the lower body and while itā€™s loud and noisey itā€™s not near as bad as upper body scan. Your head will be out of the tunnel. That helped me a lot. Good luck!

1 Like

New leggings :muscle:

17 Likes

Hey - a name from way back! Hope youā€™re still doing well @anon11129033.

1 Like

These legs got a PR this morning!!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

17 Likes

9 Likes