Sober Leg Selfies #3 (Visible bottoms required) bring your sock game & leggings šŸ§¦ or your dog or your cat

Sober early morning airplane legs.

19 Likes

Way less legroom on this flight.

9 Likes

Craving sober legs :grimacing:
with coke zero :sweat_smile:
Got some plans.
Hope to make it sober tonight!

17 Likes

? :roll_eyes:

Itā€™s in your control to hit the pillow sober tonight. And you will if you stick to your plan :upside_down_face:

I hope for good weather tomorrow.

6 Likes

TW - cravings

Hm I knowā€¦ But there are huge ambivalent feelingsā€¦ If I remember the bad body feeling it will cause tomorrow ā€¦ It passes. But if I remember sipping a few glasses ā€¦ :grimacing:

4 Likes

Try drinks with carbonation or fizz and drink in your wine glassā€¦i would sip on this slowly and just holding the glass sometimes helpedā€¦knowing i wasnt hurting myself or my health and was going to wake up without a hangover was a bonus to not giving in to the urges

5 Likes

I packed all my glasses for alcoholic drinks in a box and took it in the cellar. I know some people drink out of wine glasses. Idk why this wasnā€™t for me. Itā€™s only a glass, I know. But I needed it to change. To make a clear cut.

And the sipping part was most of the times a drowning as fast as possible.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve this sneaky thoughts about ā€œsipping some glassesā€ , especially in triggering moments like listening to specific music or things I associate with former drinking, too. As dumb as it sounds, but you should try not to stay in this line of thought and actively draw your attention to something else. Maybe change the room or try a ginger shot. There are a bunch of lists about things, which were helpful for other people.

One source in German:

4 Likes

Tell that voice to fuck right off. Do not continue to give it any credence.

5 Likes

Im not sure what it is about the glass. It has to a long stemmed wide wine glass that im holding. More psychological than anything else for me. Just like the oral fixation of when i quit smoking this is my fixation for drinking for me - so weird because i would drink anything and everything but this one glass is what has helped me - now it has juice and carbonated wateršŸ¤£.

Oh yes i remember the guzzling too - yikes- i can feel the burn just thinking of it - so glad we are not doing this to ourselves anymore.

The glass thing helped me but i wouldnā€™t want it to be a trigger for anyone. @Juli1 You know your mind and your addicts mind ganes best so please do not use this method if it could cause the opposite effect

2 Likes

I gave my glass collection my mother later who reacted like: arenā€™t you a bit overreacting (her usual comment on most of the things I am doing :grimacing:). Still happy with my decision. Now, I donā€™t want to derail the leg pic thread.

5 Likes

Thank youā€¦

@anon74766472 @JazzyS @Planipennia @SinceIAwoke

I had short yoga, cooked, ate, took the medicine and now resting these sober legs with a podcast. Wonā€™t leave home today anymore.

6 Likes

So happy to hear that @Juli1

My sober legs still resting in bed

15 Likes

:heart_eyes: Resting Club

4 Likes

The first rule of Resting Club is we donā€™t talk about Resting Club.

3 Likes

A long, difficult couple of days. Long week, even. Relaxing on this pleasant evening. Early night for us.

17 Likes

Waiting for the music to start at a juneteenth concertā€¦goes til midnight. I hope i can last lol

16 Likes

Love that smile girlyā€¦have a wonderful time!

1 Like

I get free water! These fools are paying $20 for a mason jar of poison. Glad i dont drink because thatd easily be $100 wasted then driving home

2 Likes

Whoops wrong threadā€¦dont banish me

14 Likes