Sober Life: Get Up and Get After It!

For all of you morning people, you early-risers who get up before even the early-birds, this thread is for you! Post your wake up time, and what you plan to do, getting after the day, while others are still sleeping. Going to work out? Tell us what you did, and how you feel. Show us how you make the most of the same 24-hours we all get, by getting out the door first!

Today: Up at 04:26…four minutes before the alarm. Grabbed a cup, and then hit the street at 05:00 for a 60min brisk walk, listening to one of my favorite podcasts. Came home for some stretching and 30 minutes kettlebells. 06:30 ate steak and eggs, and then hit the showers. Took my daughter to school. At my desk by 07:45…getting after it!

16 Likes

Way to get after it.
I’ll be joining this :muscle:

1 Like

Up today @ 5.00am. Did some core planks and press ups, got my breakfast, shower and out by 5.45 on the train at 6.05. Got to the office at 10.00 - long journey, been delivering training and talking shit all day.

Now on the 4.15pm train home, I’ll be home by 8.30pm. Long day.

2 Likes

That is a long day! Time to recharge. I do Krav Maga three nights a week. Great for stress relief, and I sleep like a baby.

Today 0730, its my day off. Talked with my favorite person for awhile. Then its all about spring clean up in the yard today!

2 Likes

Well hot damn, that’s motivating! I’m a morning person but it appears I could use some pointers from your morning to-do list, I love it! Is it still dark out when you leave? That’s my issue right now, sunrise is it 540am (no street lights, rural area) and that’s when I need to be up for the day to do my normal day thing. I bet I could get in a good half hour walk in the morning and go back out at night and do another round then. Thanks for making the wheels turn anyway! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m on holiday tomorrow so looking forward to that, going to Amsterdam for the weekend for Kings Day :smiley:

2 Likes

What’s early? I consider 7 am early early lol, different world compared to nights.

Woke at 6 AM, went for a quick 1.5 mile run. I was exploring for a shortcut through the neighborhood to the north to get out into the sagebrush trail that leads up to the Cowiche Canyon Trailhead. I think I’ll be able to cut my route down from 1.7 miles one way to 1.2 one way. Which gives me an extra 25 minutes or so that I can run out on the trails!

Home, shower, feed an onslaught of kids, whip them to do chores, out the door by 8:40 to go to work. Its Take Your Son To Work Day. So, Collin is here with me while I adjust patients! Great day this far!

1 Like

I miss the mountains! A little jealous!

I was boen in wyoming, and grew up in Colorado…that makes me homesick! Very beautiful

1 Like

So do other stuff while waiting on the Sun, or get a hiker’s headlamp. Get some kettlebells and get your strength in, before your cardio. Read or listen to podcast. The key is, get these positive life-building things done first thing, while you still have control over your time. Once my ladies wake up, and the work day begins, others have claims on my time, and it’s too easy to slough off at the end of the day. Just like a good budget: Pay yourself first!

1 Like

Up at 5, coffee and newspaper till 5:40. That’s sacred to me. Hit the gym at six. Hit the shower at 7 and then off to work. I do this on a daily base. A pre-sobriety necessety whereas I always to far gone in the evening to undertake any action whatsoever. Glad I preserved the good things😜

2 Likes

Up at 7, get dressed, have a coffee, get kids up and sort them breakfast, kiss everyone goodbye, leave at 8am for an hour drive to work, finish work at 2pm today, hour drive home, pick the kids up from school and straight to swimming lessons, home and cook dinner, help boys with homework, chill then bedtime routine. After any further housework I take 20 minutes meditation

3 Likes

Super hero mum.

I don’t know how you all do it.

1 Like

I’ve definitely had rigamortis-like routines before. Gets monotonous, but at least it keeps you busy.

Up at 6- this is early to me. When I was drunk I didn’t get up till 8! Walked both dogs about 1.5 miles, prep me and hubbys food for the day, get ready for work and leave at 8 for my 50 minute each way commute, gone for 10 hours, walk at 10:30, walk at 1:00, walk at 3, back home at 6, play soccer in the backyard with pups for 30 minutes, do my nightly house clean up, 9 pm guided meditation, bedtime ritual, sleep! This is good- I see that I need to add some more type of exercise other than walking. Let’s see of I add some kettle ball to my morning tomorrow!!!

3 Likes

No Alarm clock needed - 415am rolling out of bed.

• 430: bowl of cereal, teeth brushed and grabbed my vitamin and supplements
  • 5am @ gym
    Bench 5x5 245
    Up-right rows 3x10 135
    Bench rows 3x10 both arms 90
    Incline bench 5x5 205
    Triceps pull downs 3x10 200
    Pull-up 3x until failure
    Dips 3x until failure
    6am- misc cardio
    645- 10-15 minutes of dry sauna
    7am Shower/dressed
    745- work
    1545 walking out the door

I like to think———

6 Likes

That’s yesterday, Monday and Wednesday the boys and I do kickboxing too, that’s why I can normally get through a week being busy, it’s when Fridays hit that the demons come out and all I want to do is have a drink, burnt out by the weekend

4 Likes

Such a lovely place to work