Sober Music

Hello there again everyone! Tomorrow will be my graduation day from OPT (outpatient treatment) I get a coin I am super stoked!
Yes I did accept after care. It’s provided by my counselor as well called Relapse Prevention that’s only 1 day a week. So that will be nice to get a bit more freedom and independence but to know I won’t be completely tossed out to fend for myself alone…I will be honest I am not ready for that just yet…I want to celebrate so I am going to celebrate with some noise and self care sooooo to my topic at hand:

Do any of you have any artists that write music supporting or embracing sobriety?
Preferably Hard Rock but I am open to trying new noise :wink:

NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE OR WHEN YOU READ THIS I AM ALWAYS ACCEPTING SUGGESTIONS :heart:

5 Likes

Congratulations on your graduation from OPT. I’m glad you got some after care to go to.

John McAndrew’s recovery music has got me through some really tough times. It’s not hard rock. But he’s very moving. And his piano playing is awesome.

1 Like

Carlos Nakai is a famous artist who plays the flute, really calming and relaxing if you want to ease the nerves, feel a sence of peace and harmony.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s time by Nikki Sixx and a whole bunch of rock artists. There is also a foundation by the same name trying to make changes in recovery. https://youtu.be/A9LKBhktTAM

3 Likes

Anything from a straight edge of vegan straight edge band would match, and there are tons of metal music in there, as this kind evolved from punk hardcore to metallic hardcore or death metal sound through the years

1 Like

Great suggestion. I am obsessed.
Any more goodies?!

John Twohawks is another great artist