Sober Once Again

Made it threw another day clean and sober and I feel fantastic. I have my ups and downs but staying connected to the rooms and starting to really work the steps and apply them to my every day life makes it even better. So I do ask if anyone has any advice on working the steps I would appreciate the help. And to everyone who is knew just as me just know that one breath at a time for us and where not alone in this we all have the same disease. :heart::heart::heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

11 Likes

You got a sponsor?

Follow their guidance.

4 Likes

No I still haven’t found one. I barely started attending meetings do to lock down and covid. I been attending as many as I can in a day staying in the rooms has kept me in good mental state and sober so just waiting for that opportunity to come my way.

4 Likes

Keep hitting them meetings, you’ll single out someone who has something you want. Til then, just hit the meetings as a sponsor is the best way to be guided through the steps.

3 Likes

One suggestion Patricia, don’t wait for the opportunity, you have to make the opportunity. Proud of you my friend. Keep doing what you’re doing you’re headed in the right direction, building that foundation.

Here’s a little something to look forward to when you make that opportunity and not wait for it. Big Book pg. 84 it’s called the promises.

If we are painstaking about this phase of our development. We will be amazed before we are halfway through. We are going to know a new freedom and I knew happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and Outlook upon life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we cannot do for ourselves.
Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them. :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you friend for this it means alot and I want to thank you for all that you have done the advice that you bring to me on a daily basis and the reminders that I need to be reminded of I’m a new born child seeking and willing the teaching of the 12 steps and thank you for reminding me of this. A wise person told me there’s three types of people in this world, 1. People you watch things happen. 2. People who wait for things to happen. 3. People who make things happen and we ourselves have to be willing and have the desire to make things happen for not anyone but ourselves. :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you CaptAz. I appreciate your advice and I will do that and take that step in finding myself a sponsor. Thank You. :heart:

2 Likes

Probably my favorite. At my meetings they do either the Promises or a Vision For You. When I get to pick, it’s always the Promises.

@Patiecakes70 you’re gonna make it. It works if you work it. I’m proof, and you are every day you’re sober too.

2 Likes

Keep going to meets get phone numbers a good network can make the journey easier wish you well

1 Like

Thank you Ray. I was reading this morning a share that was sent to and all we need is positive words a smile a good morning a reminder that where not alone and becoming part of this community is a blessing this is one of the places to be thank you.

2 Likes