Sober Reward Yourself Ideas

I’ve used alcohol as a reward for most of my life. It’s one of the hardest things to resist now and I’ve relapsed a lot because of it. So, I wanted to see how you guys reward yourselves instead of alcohol. Thanks in advance for the ideas!

7 Likes

I let myself have (usually too much) ice cream as a treat a few nights a week. I’ve been buying the Halo Top brand because it’s reasonably healthy and has a lot of protein.

I’ve also been trying to let myself relax more and tell myself it’s ok to not always be doing something productive. So I’ve been blocking out some time each day to just watch some TV or a movie, or read a book, and relax on the sofa. I’ve found the self-care is so important and sometimes for me that means just chilling out.

9 Likes

The first thing I bought myself was a down jacket that I wanted.
I’ve bought other items I would like for hiking, camping.
I’m also involved in some navigation exercises.
It’s all paid for out of the £400 plus that I would spend on booze.
Is there anything you would really like to do.
Any items that you would really like.
I’ve also had some tattoos done as well.

6 Likes

Well, this wasn’t really INTENDED as a reward per se, but the money that I HAVEN’T spent on alcohol in the last couple of months has effectively paid for the new underwater lights for my video camera for when I go scuba diving !
Kind of an indirect reward, but hey… no complaints from me !

9 Likes

Here is what I do

• Hulu upgraded membership with no ads
  • I was honest with myself with Alchohol for 5 years before I stopped via mint and it was 700$ per month so splurged with a bigger electric car
  • Weekly 10-15$ donation via Benevity.org and my employer matches it, when I cook at home

Nothing fancy it does the trick for me

7 Likes

What kind of electric car do you have ? I recently ordered a Volkswagen ID.3 (you may be unfamiliar with that if you’re in N.America), and I’m REALLY looking forward to getting it, which should be at around the end of November - early December.

I’ve been rewarding myself with outdoor walks, Starbucks, new books & audiobooks, today was a new journal, but most of all, I reward myself with sobriety, because I can genuinely say it feels better than any drink or drug I’ve ever taken :raised_hands:t2::pray:t2:

8 Likes

I think rewarding yourself for something good is awesome especially in this journey of sobriety it definitly helps … i treat myself to some good grub good food at a good restraunt or a sweet treat or onother thing you can do is spend the money you would have on your addiction and spend it on something for your wellness as a way to pay your body mind and soul some love cheers have a good one

2 Likes

Thank you all - this is great! I’ve made a list and I love that this app keeps track of the $ you save each day too.

It’s kind of amazing to think how many other better “treats” I could have had all these years! Wow!

Today I’m going to the book store as a treat. I love books and journals and all that stuff. I read before bed last night instead of drinking and it was great to wake up clear headed with no guilt. I used to do that every night - time to get back to it.

Thanks for all the ideas!

4 Likes

This is precisely me. I reward myself with alcohol. Tomorrow I’m 30 days sober and on Thursday/Friday we are moving house so I know I am going to be physically drained by the end of it and my mind will wonder to rewarding myself. I spent some time reading some stuff online about how rewarding yourself with alcohol is one of the worst things you can do so I feel more positive about tackling this mission.

2 Likes

images

4 Likes

Having dessert more often and taking long baths with candles, soft music and a good book… Divine!

1 Like

The life I have as a result of sobriety is reward enough for me

4 Likes

Sobriety has not dulled my wit.

today is my 6th month mark so I decided to reward myself with cake :joy: . Simple and delicious. :speak_no_evil:

7 Likes

The model X while I know I am going to make money buying his stock TSLA. I wanted to support his vision and buy his product instead.

Super charger, software updates and auto pilot are the reasons to buy

I settle for the feeling I have every morning when I wake up. Wow!!! There’s nothing more rewarding than life.

2 Likes

I treat myself to a all over body massage every 4/6 weeks. Xx

2 Likes

On a ordinary day? Chocolate!! :drooling_face:
And on milestone days: jewelry ore new ink.
Took a big back piece tattoo when I was 1 year sober.

4 Likes

I’ve always had problems with my ankles, but now finally had the money to buy some good shoes

1 Like