Sober Saturdays & Sundays

I can’t fall asleep so I got up again at 1:30 am and made something warm to eat :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Now I’m snuggled up in bed after getting some fresh air into the apartment. So cozy.
Reading a bit on here and hopefully get tired soon :grin: I’m truly an owl haha.

2 Likes

Sounds like a lovely day!! You deserve lovely days!

1 Like

Thanks @Mbwoman wouldnt be possible without sobriety

How is everyone doing tonight? It’s Saturday here and I can’t wait till morning tbh. Nighttime is always the hardest for me.

2 Likes

Saturday turned out better than expected. Struggled to get going but once i did I…
Got outside with my son and we made a snowman
Completed the dishes
Tidied up the living room
Worked on my Self-Love workbook
Went out and grabbed supper
Did some self care
Went on TS to check in/read
Prayed
Got my son to bed
Now relaxing with hubby
Its been an overall good day even though the beginning of it was rough. Have to work tmrw so that will be my main task to complete tmrw. Hope u all are doing well for a saturday!

7 Likes

Im headed to bed early thanks to a guided meditation on insight timer app

3 Likes

8 days sober today. Last year was a complete write off. Surprised I didn’t lose everything I worked so hard to earn.

In less than 2 weeks I’ve lost almost 8 pounds, saved at least $150 and today riding 42 miles (70km).

And it’s been a challenging weekend to say the least. More than a few triggers.

My perfect weekend…not sure…but do know that it ends up with no booze being consumed.

4 Likes

Had a great saturday w the boys today. Wife working at the hospital all weekend so its just us three. Sometimes i struggle having fun sober and staying busy sucks for kids cause its often chores and dealing with type a personality dad, but today was pretty cool. Just hung out and played video games this morning then i did cardio and napped before a the youngests bball game. Grabbed snacks for us and some steak for them on the way home. We played texas holdem for a bit, listened to music and even had a silly spontaneous dance off at one point. This book on mindfullness has been clutch lately and idk im like happy more, not just pretending for others. Many, MANY one second decisions the past few days could have changed this weekend’s trajectory where the fun was contingent on injested chemicals or been a dry weekend (pun intended lol). I feel pretty good leading into my nightime prayers and have a ton to be thankful for.

Have a great weekend everyone :grinning:

6 Likes

Sunday is now a funday as i wake up feeling clear headed and sober! Made my teens breakfast, did laundry, and we will all be heading for the gym together. Feeling blessed.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Todays shaping up well!

Im in a good mood. Sun is shining. So much accomplished and its not even noon.

Morning coffee and gratitude
Filled my gas tank
Returned an amazon package
Stopped at the atm for my aa contribution $, soo much cheaper than booze and better for the soul
Grocery shopping
Now baking a healthy chicken breast covered in panko and mozzarella with brocolli

Then…

Help my hubby assemble his piano stand
A walk with a sober sister
A workout
Some time with hubby before he goes to work tonight
Weightloss before photos :-1:
Easy dinner
And chill

5 Likes

Nearly 10pm Sunday where I am . Kids hid all day on iPads and Xbox, I did washing, hoovered inside of car that still had pine needles in from Xmas tree, got some car mats from Halfords and got a free 10 point check which I’m very grateful for as I was low on oil and coolant so glad that’s sorted. Went to Lidl to get dinner and bits. Kids were in the same position when I got back so I did a recovery dharma meeting and chilled. Then cooked dinner. Dinner was eaten and time was called for their screens;;;; bathtimes, chat times, I shared with them that I felt it’s a wasted day when they refuse to move themselves from their screens and only chat with me for an hour or two before bed, but we enjoyed chatting, anyhow my day was productive and I was present for them and myself. Still have a shitty cold , been nearly 2 weeks and it’s very tiring not being 100% for so long. :sneezing_face::weary:

6 Likes

Happy weekend ya’ll!

Whats everyone up to this weekend?

Happy Saturday people what ever you got going on go smash the day.stay positive stay strong and keep pushing forward :blue_heart:

8 Likes

Good morning Lee! Happy sober Saturday to you too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Good morning :sun_with_face:… positive…alive…keep goin :muscle::ok_hand:

1 Like

100%:blue_heart:enjoy your weekend :slightly_smiling_face::muscle:

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face::blue_heart:

1 Like

Happy Saturday for everybody, sober Saturday means:

• Enjoying morning.
  • Have fun during lunch and nice conversation.
  • A joyful evening without worries about how to disguise drunk state and no thoughts of Sunday hangover.

This is, in certain terms, happiness.

Kind regards.

5 Likes

Happy Sober Saturday y’all! I have to work today but I’m the only one incharge(rarely happens)and after my plans today, they might not put me in charge again. I work in retail sales. Anytime my team makes a sale today, they get a playing card(im really into poker)or they can exchange a card for possibly a better card. Basically 7 card stud. Best total # of hands by end of day wins a prize. Sounds silly but im actually looking flreally forward to it. I even took in my automatic card shufler!:crazy_face:

5 Likes