Sober Selfies #13 (shirts required, please review rules)

Looking sharp dawg

4 Likes

Great job lady!!! The 1000 day club. :confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

giphy

8 Likes

Thank you for the relatability! Thatā€™s really where Iā€™m at as well. If I can examine the motive behind the binge or impulse snacking craving in the same way I dealt with the using craving it can subside. I really like having the info about 3 months for new neuropathways and will be keeping that on the forefront of my brain to get through habit forming rn.
And yeahh itā€™s the same for me w/snacking. I love the carbs (esp CHIPS lol theyā€™re a real kryptonite for me) and very much anything cheesy or crispy so kind of thankful Iā€™ll be working with an nutritionist (starting Thursday yay) to fill the gaps on some of these things because I realized I donā€™t really have a good grasp on long term ideas for this right now.
Like, I can eat clean for sure but left unchecked it ends up going into that weird deprivation area real fast, where I canā€™t handle the cravings in the end. So gonna be filling my head with some helpful personalized knowledge to counter that and kind of hopefully break that cycle more officially.
Good luck to you as well and thanks for the solidarity! We got this, and I will keep reporting back

4 Likes

Haircut looks good- itā€™s amazing how good a nice haircut can make you feel!

1 Like

You are awesome!! Congratulations :tada:

2 Likes

It really does. Thanks @dan, and @Its_me_Stella bike ride felt amazing. Iā€™m off quarantine I asked everyone at the meetings if they minded if I came in tonight despite coming in sick Thursday. Everyone was super welcoming. Another pic with my new bike as well feels so good to be outside

53 Likes

Hey they did a fantastic job!!! You look amazing!
Also nice bike! I bet you have so many great bike trails to test out now

2 Likes

Thatā€™s one hot MTB! (You donā€™t look too bad yourself either Mike :wink::fire::sunglasses:)

4 Likes

Always have looked up to you and your amazing advice on here-congrats, beautiful! :heart::partying_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Obviously, with no hair, it took me a long time to go to a barber for my beard. It was my first ā€œsoberā€ gift to myself. Looking good!

6 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if itā€™s the physical sensation that is part of it: the crunch of toast with butter; the crisp of pretzels. (The salt of them too.)

I found that I was able to reduce my butter intake by sprinkling salt on my poached eggs. (I poach eggs in the morning and serve them on toast.) I havenā€™t missed the butter at all, and I realized the reason I wanted the butter on the toast was for the salt in the butter, not the butter itself. With a little salt and pepper on the eggs, that need is met.

Thereā€™s a physicality to it, thereā€™s something reassuring and filling about that, but thereā€™s also kind of a basic human element: salt, fat, acid, heat - all the four things that we crave / we need, flavour-wise. Where are we getting those from? How can we understand that better, to explore it, even put it to use for us?

Thoughts; itā€™s still early days for me now :innocent: One step at a time and I try to remember: I am not here on this earth to make the fittest corpse at the end of it all; there has to be more to this than that :innocent:

2 Likes

Lo! Yes right so ready for that

Iā€™m admiring that your epic. Once when I went back to the gym I said no pressure-if I walk out at 11 minutes from the elliptical so be it tomorrow will be 12. Went up to 45 some days later. Dropped 35 lbs over the course of that start.

1 Like

Good shit.

I like going to the barber and have them shampoo my hair at the end. Nice scalp massage and gets rid of most of the trimmings.

2 Likes

:raised_hands: Awesome work friend. Youā€™ve earned the right to stand however you want! :innocent:

1 Like

We do have some awesome trails. Iā€™m hoping to do some of my bike hikes again well shouldnā€™t hope I need to build myself up and just give it a try again. @Mno thank you. @Thirdmonkey it really was nice I felt goofy bc I was really self conscious about how really thin I am but he did good at trying to help blend it. And @TMAC agreed it really felt good Iā€™ve never had anything like that before was super relaxing and cool to find out the guy cutting my hair was sober so we had a nice talk about stuff. Much love everyone thanks for kind words and love

7 Likes

Thank you :blush:
I just do it and try to become better. Sometimes itā€™s not easy at all to do sports but I try to do it anyway.
I see results, Iā€™m stronger, faster, sleep better and slowly begin to even eat better bc my body wants good food.
One step at a time, like with the alcohol :fist_right::fist_left:

1 Like

Day 60 :blush:

50 Likes

60! Nice! :muscle:

1 Like