Sober Selfies #12 (shirts required, please review rules)

Thank you! I just got em and they’re like my extra favorites right now lol :eyeglasses: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Great photo! I always think with things like this, they may not remember the specifics, but it all adds to that warm feeling of being loved. When I think back to my early childhood I can’t remember all the details but have a lovely snuggly feeling, an inner peace. I often think that is why I struggled with adulthood so much :rofl:

4 Likes

Sabrina, act normal.
Me:

58 Likes

Not many will get the reference for it’s both Dutch- and footy related. Where’s @ShadowFax when I need 'm?

53 Likes

Badass hair color!

:laughing::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:goofy n fun is always necessary epic and so freaking healthy!!! Lo! Love it!

1 Like

Aahhhh! She is such a cutie pie! We were just talking about making memories with little kids and even if they don’t remember, per se, you’ll tell the stories and show them photos. We build our own version of a memory based on those stories and it is still quite valuable, I think.

1 Like

Day 67 Clean from all mind-altering substances!!
Drinking my coffee this morning in my SO very Canadian Hockey cup! Lol
Feeling great!

44 Likes

Now do one where you’re acting silly!
:wink:

2 Likes

I don’t get it but can you explain?

2 Likes

I make a lot of videos of her and our adventures and put on youtube so she can watch. While she may not remember the actual events, she’ll at least remember growing up watching the videos.

3 Likes

@Mno I am also curious :thinking:

@Butterflymoonwoman I love that mug! :raised_hands:

@HoofHearted that is an adorable pic of you with your little one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Dkyle678 looks like the dogsitting is going well :dog: :innocent:

@Sabrina80 bahaha! I love it! :laughing:

3 Likes

Okeei, ohhhh, this Is me, almost 4 months free, my face thinking about alcohol and its saying Hell Nooo. This Is my first picture here and I just cant put in a normal picture, so this one showing my wierd self and personallity :see_no_evil:

52 Likes

:metal:t2::joy::v:t2: i love it

4 Likes

What’s weird about that picture? Totally normal recovery face.

Congrats on the 4 months! :raised_hands:

6 Likes

@JennyH @matt It must have started in Rotterdam as the hate for Amsterdam there is intense, and even more that of the fans of Rotterdam football club Feyenoord for Amsterdam club Ajax and its fans.
So much so that they will not call Amsterdam Amsterdam, Ajax Ajax, or fans from Ajax or people from Amsterdam just that, but instead will all call them and it “020” (pronounced nul twintig or zero twenty). Which is the telephone area code for Amsterdam.
Which is fine with me. And with most folks here. It set a bit of a trend too, Rotterdam being referred to as 010, The Hague as 070, etcetera. Football tribalism.

6 Likes

Woah, that is pretty intense! Crazy how football works that way. I would rather support any team except Arsenal (and they are round the corner…)

My Grandad was a Spurs fan and he says it wasn’t always quite so intense. Arsenal used the Spurs ground during the war for example, and it was more of a healthy rivalry. He would always support a London team. I just can’t bring myself to do it though :rofl:

5 Likes

Congrats on 4 mths great pic

3 Likes

Interesting! I love the group loyalty element of teams (so long as it’s all in good fun; I’ve seen it go overboard :grimacing:) - I feel the same way about my hockey team. Loyal to the last!

Also - interesting side note - there’s a suburb of Toronto called Ajax. Fascinating. I had no idea it was Dutch :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Might it be that both football club and suburb (as well as the household cleaners) are called after the demigod, also known as the battering ram of the Greek army, during the siege of Troy?

Amsterdamsche_FC_Ajax-logo-06C4B646D8-seeklogo.com

6 Likes