Sober Selfies #18 (NO swimwear, shirts required, please review rules)

Day #241
soon 8 months AF :yum:

50 Likes

Just a picture of myself and my eldest daughter Leah back in 1997,the frail,gaunt and haunted look on me is due to a heroin,methadone and you name it withdrawal,i had an absolute awful few months,i was very sick
My best friend overdosed,i was with him,we had the same amounts of gear but sadly he didnt wake up and i did,when death is that close to you you know you have to get things sorted out.
This was the beginning of my road to recovery and although i ended up with a drink problem for 20 years things have really started to be like they should be now.
The hard work was well worth it.

42 Likes

So sorry for your loss. Its scary when you realize that you are not invincible. I always thought nothing would get me. Grateful we are here in recovery and still alive to live another day. :hugs:

8 Likes

@Cjp absolutely fabulous!!!

@Tony1878 sorry for your loss but grateful you are still with us

I love this thread and i love to see you all sober people! Real fighters :fist_right:t3::fist_left:t3:

7 Likes

I class myself as a lucky man to be still here Jazzy and i really am very grateful :pray:

5 Likes

I lost my best friend to the big H too mate. Terrible. Glad you’re still with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Sometimes the only thing to smile about is being sober.
Life is definitely lifing over here but
“Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it’s breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you’ll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You’ll see the sun come shining through for you“

53 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story @Tony1878 and good job making the necessary changes

1 Like

And you have a fantastic smile @Runningfree

2 Likes

Thank you sweet friend. :heart:

Just me dying on the floor after an intense leg workout at the gym.
I look like :poop: but praise be for being sober :muscle:

51 Likes

Keep on smiling Jennifer! Sobriety looks great on you :grinning:

1 Like

You look amazing @Cjp so good to see you doing so well :people_hugging:

1 Like

Love seeing that smile :blush: don’t stop smiling Jennifer.

1 Like

Glad you’re here with us Tony . Sending love and strength your way. Keep on doing the good work :four_leaf_clover::pray:

1 Like

Thanks very much,im also glad im here with everyone,its been a great few months on here,i found TS just when i needed it :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’m Team Everyone all year ‘round but for the Olympics I’m Team GB!

44 Likes

I’m team Ireland lol :joy:

2 Likes

I think that one only half loaded Conor!

I’m on holidays and the internet 🛜 is shite :person_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes