Sober Selfies #6 (shirts required please)

Yooooo, Josh! Happy new year, bud.

Waiting on a sanitized treadmill… I just mildly electrocuted a guy on accident… I

like to think its my Electric personality… OR MAYBE THE STATIC IN MY HAIR.

24 Likes

Its those eyes

2 Likes

Definitely the eyes
@Fury

1 Like

Is 1085 not an incredible number? To think you have reached that when you were at one time unsure you could do 30 or 7 or 1. I don’t know you, but Congratulations.
Best,
Chandler

3 Likes

Oh I don’t know about that mate! Thanks

@littlemisschatterbox - Hello, don’t worry you’re not missing much lol Just a very angry addict.

@Eke - Happy new year bud :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congratulations. Im so proud of you. Youve Inspired me. Its been nice seeing your journey! Keep going.

5 Likes

@ProofOfLife

I think I started a trend here

My office is fun. Lol you’d see us crazy sweet girls and forget you hate where you are. Atleast that’s our goal. Haha

What at first seemed unattainable has become my standard, life’s a gift. Good to see you around old timer, I just read your “had to write today” thread again, it still gives perspective and hope

3 Likes

That made me laugh :joy::joy:
Made my day definitly eletric personality

1 Like

Just in case you haven’t heard it today. But holy fuck your eyes :grinning:

2 Likes

Good to see you, Old man :0) I am in and out, I drop in and read sometimes. I hope all is well for you, Cap.
My son’s birthday was very hard this year. My daughter turned 15 and decided she no longer wants to come around, so there are still struggles.
I have a Buddy who is an AA Guy. We were discussing these things and he said, “You can only control you. You can’t control what she chooses.” It didn’t fix it, but a rational way of dealing with things seems to prop me up.
Along those same lines, I turned 50 this year during Quarantine, I also ran my first 5k and the team I coach beat the “#1 on Chandler’s Most Hated Opponent” list for the first time since 2015, and my wife is still a total smoke show :0) so as unpleasant as 2020 was, there were some highlights.
Best to You, Pal,
Chandler

9 Likes

Only controlling what I can control was perhaps the single greatest lesson I learned in AA. I am not some divine director in life, people are not actors on my stage, telling my story the way I want it told. I can almost remember being 15, she may not want to come around today but that can change in an instant, keep hope alive.

Always find highlights when you’re actively looking for them, even in a universally hated year like 2020.

Check in more often bud, I always appreciate when you do.

Cheers, to another day sober
David

4 Likes

I suppose so. I suppose so.

@KaitSmith any of them crazy? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: if you knew my track record the crazy ones are the ones that get me to keep coming back :rofl:

Having a GREAT Non Hangover Monday.

31 Likes

I :black_heart: your glasses! You look content.

1 Like

that morning coffee smell is life :heart::heart::heart:

24 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.

This thread continues at Sober Selfies #7.