Sober Selfies #6 (shirts required please)

Uploading: IMG_20201205_104728.jpg…

10 Likes

Looked in the mirror as I was working out today n was shocked to see the progress I’ve made. So thankful of my body’s ability to bounce back, again. Especially now as I’m still recovering from surgery n theres still a lot i cant do n am in pain a lot of the time. But I did realize sitting around doing nothing, eating crap n drinking alcohol would only make things worse. So I push myself to eat right stay sober n do what I’m able at the gym without doing further damage. Looking at this n feeling as I do at the moment motivates me to want to stay on this path. There’s also the fact that at this age , having survived a lifetime of abuse that many friends n family members didn’t survive. ,I lost 3 brothers to alcoholism, How can I not be thankful for another chance. I may not look it or feel it, but truth is I’m over 60.n this may be my last chance. So thats to me is a blessing. I want to make the best of the time I have n start a new journey. hopefully many more years ahead to use this time I was blessed with to be there for family, friends , n give back n motivate others to realize, the real party begins when your sober…:seedling:

29 Likes

Very proud of you!

1 Like

43 Likes

“Give the devil an inch and he will make a mile”… :joy: :joy: :joy:

Day 12!

35 Likes

Dont go breaking any more limbs out there doing crazy ski stuff lol!! :joy:

2 Likes

Cool to see your face still on here :blush:

1 Like

In Australia, we were brought up putting out beer for Santa lolll ( we were taught as children unconsciouslly that Santa is a drunk and drunk fly’s lol because if we put out beer for Santa , then we thought every house in the world put beer out for Santa, so when you think about it now as an adult, Santa must of been hung over for the entire next yr because thats a lot of beer to consume lol :joy:… How wrong is that lol we were pre conditioned as kids with alcoholic tendencies ha :joy:… Oh and the rain deer’s got carrot sticks lol.:joy:

6 Likes

I will do my best! Back country isn’t open yet… So pretty smooth sailing for now :grimacing:

2 Likes

This is more like it

31 Likes

412a19cf2117adad120a4df127362bd03b50999369f3d43e60070cb65052f538.0 966f4263f3a6ddd0cc820f006db31265b6a3713bd41476d72e9acf99d9c8b331.0

1 Like

35164d6e75a021e0977f310163b6fd7e48dcd5a5dee48a306da48f2c267162db.0

2 Likes

Thanks hope all is well on your side to i think i saw you posted 9 days ? Thats amazing it really is any day sober for us is a victory .

1 Like

Every day is definetly a victory :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:… We are quite victorious aren’t we! :tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

LOVE that you’re back at it :+1:t4::clap:t4:

1 Like

5 Likes

:joy: PUNK ROCK SANTA YESSS !!! Definitly going to be a blast for christmas

my oldest autumn wanted me to shave. She said I look very handsome, my youngest didn’t like it

26 Likes

Shave your head, they won’t even notice the shave!:rofl:

3 Likes