Sober selfies

No way! So excited for you! The Dragon Reborn was epic! I’d say most of them are epic. Fair warning, there is a mid series drag, but he picks it back up later. After the first book is when you could read the prequel. Also, I’d steer clear of the World Guide book until you’re through book 8 or so. It has some spoilers in it about the Forsaken.

Sanderson rocked the ending of the series. Couldn’t put the last book down until the end. The whole thing was intense. No reprieve from the tension in the book.

You have great taste in literature.

2 Likes

Haha, thanks. I think you read the other thread already, but this is a reread of the series. It’s been about 15 years or so. Even so, I find that I am remembering quite a few things pretty much right before they happen. Kinda weird, that. But yeah, loving every minute!

3 Likes

I’m not sure if you remember how dreary Crossroads of Twilight was. That was the last one you read, I think. It was pretty bad. Knife of Dreams was a total spike of energy from Jordan right before he passed. Look forward to that one.

2 Likes

Winters Heart as the last one I read. Even that one was kinda slow if I remember correctly. Probably a big reason why I didn’t jump on Crossroads when it came out. I was reading the Sword of Truth series when it came out and I think the fourth book in that series turned me off epic fantasy for a really long time.

1 Like

That’s because he tried to get all errotic. Bad part of the series. It definitely improves after that. The final trilogy was masterfully done. He started a new series that’s piggybacked off of The Sword of Truth.

1 Like

22 Likes

Are you going to give us an update on the bakery chick?

23 Likes

Play your cards right and maybe you’ll end up with your own relationship thread!

Hey, good to see you around again :blush::+1:

Day 78 :fire: Morning all! There’s a floating espresso next to my head!

22 Likes

12 days back to the gym!!

28 Likes

Ok, I think we need to teach all the men something about this smiling thing! :wink:

3 Likes

I fully agree :smiley:

It’s really bright out but this is how it’s done gentleman! Lol. Look at @Mare’s photo too she just posted, the happiness radiates from her smile! Think of something that makes you smile and share it with the world! :slight_smile:

17 Likes

It’s a good addiction, and the results show for you, my friend.

3 Likes

3-4 nights a week, I go to Krav Maga class. Once in a while, I’ll hit 2 classes in a night, but only if the intensity was light. Usually I am pretty gassed out by the time the class ends. Lots of hitting things (an people), getting hit, and throwing things (and people) around. In the mornings, I speed walk for 30-45 mintues, and either do stretching (if I have class that night) or work out in my garage-dojo. I must look like a maniac running around my cul-du-sac with a ground bag on my shoulders, then up the drive-way dancing on an agility ladder, 20 times. Then I either do ground & pound work, or hit the striking bag for 20 minutes. Then I either do kettlebells, or lift heavy things (mostly me, as I am a heavy thing) to round it out.

Old, but not obsolete.

3 Likes

I am a natural born smiler. I always find reasons to during the day, I had to giggle as I scrolled thru the recent pics and noticed the women all seemed happy and the men didn’t smile much so had to poke the bear a little!

6 Likes

I smile, but not teeth-showing smiles. Smiling was considered a “loss of military bearing”, along with all other exuberant facial expressions. My wife calls it my “happy scowl”.

5 Likes

Only 102 today… damn near sweater weather lol

19 Likes