Sober selfies

Well, our ancestors were farmers and traders first, and would go a viking in the off-season. They conquered Ireland, Scotland and Wales for land, not gold. So, there’s that.

1 Like

My ancesters farmed this land also my great grandparents owned this land originally in our bloodlines. Bought it upon arrival from Sweden.

3 Likes

Thank you @Yoda-Stevie for your Protection & Service ~ Brave man!! :hugs::us:

2 Likes

Thanks. It was my honor to carry the spear for a time, but that was long ago. I just look at it this way: the battle changes, the weapons change, but warriors don’t. I believe we should treat addiction like an enemy: Them or us. Total war. No retreat. No surrender.

5 Likes

Wonderfully said Warrior! Very true. And alcoholics are powerful fighters…just takes some of us a while to realize what side we need to be fighting for :wink:

1 Like

I am 5’ 7". When I went to bootcamp in 83, I was 5’ 5", 145. When I left for the gulf in 91, I was 5’ 7" 150. When I came back, I was 130. Getting ready for OCS, I put on some mass, got to 165. Kept getting after it, and by the time I left the Corps in Nov 97, I was 178. Hovered around 183 for a long time, but during the last year of my drinking career, I topped out at 230.

Never again. I’m gonna get this 52 year old body back in fighting shape. The stronger you are, the harder you fight. Same for the mind. Same for the soul.

1 Like

I think my birth weight was 130lbs lol

6 Likes

@CaptAZ @Yoda-Stevie I think you both could bench press me :joy::joy: 4’10” & 102lbs :grin:

3 Likes

You’re so wittle. Like fun sized lol

2 Likes

Glad to see you smiling dude!

3 Likes

17 Likes

Oh boy…they REALLY want that cookie. Look at them!

I have a pair of Boston Terriers, quite the pair of comedians as well!

1 Like

Love this pic @TMAC ~ their faces are priceless! :joy: Never had a home without a dog & never will ~ Love them :heart:

1 Like

Day 11 checking in from work. 430 AM run combined with squats last night is catching up to me. Coffee time.

Clawing my way back to 30, 60, 90 days and beyond – with help from all the wonderful people here, this time. I’m hungry for more days free of my addictions. More!

EDIT: I should note that during my run, I am known to play “air drums” along with whatever music I’m listening to. I get pretty into it – to the outsider, it probably appears as though I am actually running away from a swarm of bees.

22 Likes

Wow! Running & squats :flushed: I feel very unaccomplished at the moment, lol Good for you! And congratulations on day 11 ~ Best decision ever! I’m with you… I don’t want to waste another day. I wasted enough drunk. Bring. Life. On! Good, bad, beautiful or ugly… I want to experience it all :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Oh @anon59060877 Look at that Sweet face!! :heart_eyes: What a handsome ‘grumpy’ guy! I just wanna kiss & squish those jowls :hugs:

Thank you! I am grateful that my addictions never took my love for fitness/nutrition away from me, and I’m aware it could very well have done so if I didn’t smarten up. Days recovering after a binge stole workouts from me more than I like to think about…Laying in bed hating myself and fearing the world outside is a far less pleasant way to spend my day. So I say no more!

Fitness remains passion #1, exercise has saved my keyster on more than a few occassions. Being dedicated to a workout routine is a great excuse to not drink the day/night before!

1 Like

Yes. Well done!

1 Like

Love archery! Taught it at a summer camp for a few years. No compound bows though, just rickety old things that probably weren’t the safest in hindsight :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Now THAT’S a lady I wouldn’t mess with! I may have to look into archery. When I was a kid I always wanted to do it. That and be a badass with a quarter staff. Never to late!

2 Likes