Sober selfies

Can’t have soy because of fibroids.

This stuff is money. I could down the whole carton, it tastes that good. I mostly drink the unsweetened vanilla almond milk. The only think I don’t like about almond milk is my protein powder doesn’t mix well with it. Regular milk, fine. Water, fine. Almond milk, not so much.

Beyond a drop of soy sauce now and again, I avoid all soy products. The Male body recognizes soy compounds as estrogen. Not good for a guy, especially one over 50 who trains in combat sports.

Does explain skinny jeans and man-buns though.

4 Likes

Do it in the blender. Works perfect for me. I use the unsweetened almond/cashew milk vanilla blend. Have the blender running, and pour in the protein powder.

1 Like

I like almond coconut blend - the coconut makes it a little creamier and less watery. 🤸

2 Likes

Theres an almost cashew blend that’s like that too. I haven’t drank milk in almost a decade now, I really only use it to cook with so I always go unflavored, unsweetened.

I tried making my own for a while, but it goes rancid FAST. I never used it quick enough!

1 Like

Giggles. The type of stuff you gotta go into the pantry and drink if you’re a guy.

That stuff is really tasty though. Almond or cashew milk are quite delish.

1 Like

You know about skinny jeans? Awesome. I am having significant trouble finding low/mid rise slim cut non-stretch selvedge denim that fits over my calves. While I would prefer something slimmer at least at the leg opening, I realistically need at least something in the range of 16.5/17 inches and depending on the cut, and even that may be too tight across the calves when sitting. Maybe a taper is the way to go to avoid the bootcut look? But not too much to avoid looking all out of proportion. Genetics man. Powerless over that stuff.

What do you do if you want to avoid the over played man bun – but still need to put your hair up? Given the cold streak coming – need to be able to neatly pull off the high shawl neck sweaters without looking homeless. Thinking a low pony? Perhaps the way to go is to just put in lots of layers so that it isn’t so lifeless and thick thereby negating the need to put your hair up? IDK. How do you then manage facial hair to match that look? Hmmm.

One last thing. What about boots? I love the styling of the Red Wing Roughneck, but sometimes you need something where the leather is a bit more refined. (Too bad no one does that. It would be awesome.) Do you go to an Alden Indy Boot at that point? Shell? #8, #4 or maybe a brandy or whiskey? Given that it would be for more casualwear, I think a commando sole would give more versatility. Or do you go more local/smaller craftsman such as Oat Street Boots?

2 Likes

Willkommen

Trousers: wear cargo pants, loose and roomy. Easy to head-kick someone while wearing them. Plenty of deep pockets to carry stuff, while keeping your hands free, for striking and grappling.

Hair-style: USMC Regulation. Helps to avoid the hair-grab in a fight. Also saves on hair-care products.

Footwear: low hikers or combat boots. Great for kicks. Provides ankle support when pivoting for round or side-kicks. Radical tread provides good base for throwing hand and arm strikes.

Some go for style. I’m all about function.

2 Likes

I so want to see your hair before I would ever try to give advice! It’s all about the person but these are great questions

Fanny pack: holds the collapsible toothbrush and power bars and clamshell style phone. Perfect for brushing teeth, quick energy spikes and snapping a phone closed like a boss.

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

I’m laughing so hard because I’m remembering videos of reactions of Brits who had never heard that name for that piece of attire… :joy:

3 Likes

Officially ready for the weekend!

19 Likes

Strong beard.

3 Likes

You guys need should start a beard thread. lol
I would love to follow this.

6 Likes

I’m not testosterone tolerant enough to join the beard club… :frowning:

I just cant grow a beard… can do the stache, burns, goat… but they just wont connect!

3 Likes

High and tight

1 Like

We’ll let you in if you’re sporting one of those :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha that would be a great thread

1 Like