Sober struggles

I used to think that my life is unique but since entering into treatment a little over a week ago I realize that I’m not alone I’m not the only person that is struggled with this disease my whole life. I also learned that I don’t have to be alone I don’t have to do it all by myself there’s many people and resources available to help me through this hi can have a future it doesn’t involve math or doesn’t involve a life behind bars there is hope for me and if that means there’s hope for me that means there’s hope for everybody the future is ours I can’t change the past it is written in stone but the future is mine to gray gel and mold it however I want it’s like a paining I got a blank canvas it’s white I’m putting my base coat on and I can make it anything I want I can make it some of the same or I can make it something beautiful. I was once told the definition for insanity was to do the same thing over and over and expecting a different result why have I always done just that I’ve never gone through my addiction I’ve been struggling with my addictions for drugs since I was 12 years old I spent my life incarcerated in one institution or another this is not anybody else’s fault this is the choices I made to support my addiction that was killing meIt wasn’t just me though the people that suffered from my actions for my family and those who dared care about me well I’m taking charge I will dictate my future not say I will decide what will happen in the future not some drug I am finally free

10 Likes

I love this! Freedom is awesome! Glad your here!

1 Like

thank you i am also glad that i am here it makes me feel good to know that i have a support system even in people that i have never met

1 Like

Stay strong, Tim. Just read your other post and good on you for walking away from that shit. It’s a great thing to believe in yourself and know that you don’t ever have to, or need to use or drink again.

2 Likes

I am not going to lie it is one of the hardest things i have ever done and talking about it on this helps me deal with it but i am only a week into my treatment and am terrified about what i have to look forward to when i get to the house

1 Like

Your kind words go along way with helping me in my recovery I love this form in this community it’s nice to have people that I can reach out to when I feel like there’s nothing else around thank you guys so much everyone I know I can do this and it’s nice to have people that are going through my struggles that understand we got this we’re not alone anymore

1 Like