Sober Summer

Here I go again. Binged on Thursday afternoon, and still feeling the pain today. Since tomorrow is the official start of summer decided to rededicate myself. Keeping goals simple: make it to my birthday in June, through 4th of July, and then labor day weekend. Really need to work on the mental aspect of denying myself something that makes me feel awful (Annie Grace and Allen Carr). It is strange, my problem is not social situations where people are drinking, it is when I am alone. Also starting a new job, with a “normal” schedule, so here is to jumping into that as a AF person. Happy Summer :sunrise_over_mountains:

10 Likes

Good luck. One day at a time

Think of all the wonderful things you’ll be able to go out and do in the sunshine without a stinking hangover, and extra money in your back pocket :wink:

1 Like

Good to know that you’re not giving up.
Please keep us posted. Thanks.:slightly_smiling_face:

I think that was part of my trigger on Thursday…near the end of the week and I actually had some money left…but yes going forward going to invest that cashola in something positive not destructive.

Good lad :+1::+1::+1:Any ideas what you would spend the money on instead?

Camping and fishing, already got my next trip planned. If I make it to it sober, will pay for itself.

Great incentive :grin:

Maybe you need to change the thoughts from what you are denying yourself to what you are giving yourself. You already know how bad the drink is for you so just tell yourself, over and over, that you want nothing to do with that poison. Say if daily. Say it thrice daily if you must. Make yourself believe it.

2 Likes

So far so good! 15 days AF, 7 days Nic Free. Heading out camping and Free Fishing weekend here. Be safe and happy.

5 Likes

One month AF. Caved on the nicotine. Survived weekend camping with family. New job is awesome. No serious craving issues. Got labs done today… blood sugar is still outta wack, but liver and kidneys good. Sober Summer becoming AF Life.

5 Likes

Great job!!! Proud of you, stay with it! :heart:

1 Like

Day 50. Wow, half way to :100:. Great holiday weekend, ballgame and fireworks. Looking forward to this weekend of nothing planned. Might sneak in some fishing.

6 Likes

Dude, nice job!!! I’m really proud of you

1 Like

Congrats on 50 days!! I just hit 53 today and it feels so good. Enjoy your weekend! Hope you get a chance to fish.

Thank you :smile:

1 Like

Well made it to 60. Felt like shit all weekend. Stayed home eating junk food, but when I saw that number today feeling better.

5 Likes

Your doing amazing, so proud of you. What’s your favourite sober memory from the summer so far?

4th of July weekend… Mudhens and Tigers games, a few afternoons on the beach.

1 Like

All sounds lovely :slightly_smiling_face::sunglasses::sunglasses: keep fighting the good fight my friend. :green_heart: