Sober tattoo

Hahaha. I didnt think my arms were that small :wink:

Its a whole bike. Outline of a bike. Oops, just realized you were talking about the new one. I have a bike on my bicep on my other arm.

The new one is just totally random. The guy calls it bio-mech.

1 Like

Now take care of yourself on your bike ride to work. Dont need to be flipping over the handle bars again fukin it upā€¦ Looks good cant wait to see moreā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, no kidding man!

That tattoo is sick, I love it.

So this is what got done on sat. The last hour was reeeealy starting to hurt. Anyway, the next appt is december to fill in some more color unless somebody bails on an appt before then.

5 Likes

7.5 hours on this one. Going back on 1st November to fill in rest of my forearm. Was my 2nd sober birthday present to myself. Saved every $2 coin i got for year and half to get it

5 Likes

4 Likes

What are you getting your forearm filled in with in November?

Thatā€™s a sick tattoo! Looks amazing.

Probably some knot work ill post a pic after i finish it off

1 Like

I think Iā€™m just a wus. I want a tattoo but I can never commit to a design that im sure will still be relevant or that I will like for the rest of my life. I hope thatā€™s a long time!

I thought the same since i was about 18. That and i never knew who was good or not. I had a good friend who is also a great artist offer her appt she couldnt make so i had my daughter write her name out and draw a flower. That was my first one. Then i just got a couple more after that that also had some meaning. This newest one has zero meaning. I just really like how it looks. Hopefully i feel the same some years down the road :wink:

1 Like

Just did my consult for the reimagining of the chest piece. Iā€™m excited and it feels really good to trust my artist :heart:ļø we talked about meaning and symbols and I gave him limits of where he can work but other than than that, itā€™s on him.

3 Likes

So is he going to add to it?

1 Like

All plus modify :slight_smile: We donā€™t have a set plan yet, but we are sticking with the ā€œpainful experiences lead to growthā€ concept, but we are for sure covering her face. Sheā€™s got a ton of sun damage and I worry about her being misinterpreted. So sheā€™s going to become flora, and the swords will stay, but other than that itā€™s up to him. I told him could go out to the side and down in the middle but not up. Itā€™s weird to give someone that much freedom but itā€™s nice too.

Ok, thats cool though. Will he send you a pic of what he draws up?

Yep, he will send me line drawings over a photo of the current piece until heā€™s satisfied with my response to one and then we will work from there. Heā€™s got a good read on me, lol.

1 Like

Thats pretty sweet! what kind of time line for it. Few weeks?

1 Like

Yep, first session is set for November 15! Sometimes we go long stretches between sittings but which this being so visible we will try to tighten it up.

The long term goal is to bring all of the pieces together probably centered on my back but we are both kind of waiting for that plan to reveal itself :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

$2 dollar coin?