Sober thirty days today

Hey everyone!!

After a solid two weeks of PAWS in the beginning of my journey, but now two weeks later… I’m feeling significantly better.
I’ve reached 30 days sober. Today!
I’m proud of myself - I’ve done lots of things I normally wouldn’t do when I was drinking.
My newly sober month of 5 months, I isolated myself from him because I didn’t want him to smell the alcohol on my breath. I showed up to a therapy session heavily of alcohol smell and she called me out on it. I was drinking everyday after work & I couldn’t go anywhere when I wasn’t working without a shot. Then a while later - I was starting to drink on the clock.
Now - I’m enjoying the outdoors more. Birds, stars, sun, and actually feeling like I can drive without breaking the law. Making jewelry, spending time with myself - looking in the mirror and feeling like i can finally face some demons I was putting off.
I’ll finally take the sober step in reporting someone I should’ve a while ago who took advantage of their position & my vulnerabilities.
Here’s to 30 days.
Fuck the cravings. I can do this.
I want to keep this up.

30 Likes

Congrats on the 30 days!! Im glad to hear you are doing well! Great picture!

3 Likes

You are doing it Rose. The clarity is starting to take hold. Congrats.

2 Likes

One month is a huge milestone! We are all proud of you, relish in this great feeling. You will keep it up, one day at a time. PAWS can be tricky, always keep in mind your “why”.

Here’s to another 30 days!

3 Likes

One month is a major milestone…I never thought i can do it and i did it twice…it helps me to close my eyes and look back…basically I see the action scene from bad boys 2 when they were in the freeway…

I need to start journaling…

Waking up app is good…learn some things on podcast like Joe rogan, learn a new hobby, put more hours in at work…boredom is my offender to relapse

4 Likes

Congratulations for the 30 days milestone! :confetti_ball:
It’s so good to see the world around you in more details isn’t it? :bird::bug::seedling:
I love to read you are making your own jewelery, I do too. There is a nice tread up here where creative people here are sharing their creations.

Come and take a look around and feel free to share yours as well, I would love to see them!

Glad you are proud of yourself, you should! :facepunch:

5 Likes

Congratulations on your 30 days! Great job keep up the good work " One day at a time"!

3 Likes

Good for you, congrats on a month SAF. The PAWS may come and go for a little while, just stay strong through it. :muscle::muscle:

4 Likes

Congratulations :clap::tada::clap:! Thanks for sharing.
And what a handsome bird!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 30 days and all the steps you’re taking for yourself- awesome!! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like

Congrats on 30 days, Rose. And what a beautiful post! So excited and happy for you!:tada::tada::tada::heart:

1 Like

Huge congratulations on 30 days sober, that’s a big milestone in your journey of sobriety. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Congratulations on 31 days Rose :blush:

1 Like

Conrats Rose, we share the same 30-day birthday :wink:

1 Like

Congratulations! It’s only up from here :tada::tada: you got this

30 days just gone for me and now approaching 5 weeks. I honestly didn’t think I could do this, but I am and I feel sos much better. Just grappling with guilt at the moment

1 Like

Congrats on passing the 30 day mark. You can definitely do this. Just keep going one day at a time. :black_heart:

1 Like