Sober valentines?

Who else had a sober valentines day?
My bf and I went for a walk, watched sunset and had dinner. We had ribs and potato wedges. I had a mocktail and he had coca cola. It was a fast food restaurant so we didnt see much alcohol. We were out till past 10pm which is odd for both of us since we stopped drinking. Tired having been out last our bedtime, but glad to be sober. What did you get upto?

13 Likes

So far, I just woke up! A lovely orchid was my morning surprise. Off to work out and then yoga later today. Sister in law and her bf are coming to stay for the weekend. Not terribly romantic, but hopefully fun! Glad you had a nice Valentineā€™s!

8 Likes

Iā€™m still waking up, slowly.
Hubbie brought these home yesterday :point_down:

Tonight weā€™re having Indian takeout and will binge-watch ā€˜A Discovery of Witchesā€™ :+1::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

Meh. I had a good drive to workā€¦LOL

Tonight we are going to get ā€œhot barā€ dinner from the grocery store so I donā€™t have to cook or clean. THAT is a great Valentines gift!!

8 Likes

Iā€™m at work today! And Iā€™m single so no valentines day for meā€¦ still, it beats last year when I got dumped two days before :cry::sneezing_face::violin::rofl: (dont worry it was for the best :wink:)

Iā€™ll maybe do something nice for myself later on :heart: but yes, spending it sober either way!

I hope you all have a day to treasure whatever you may be doing :purple_heart:

9 Likes

5 Likes

Sober and single valentines. But happy anyway :grin:

6 Likes

I got kisses from the doggos. Does that count?

14 Likes

We celebrated last night, since weā€™ve got company coming in tonight. Had a rad dinner at a swanky taco joint, and then she surprised me with front row tickets to see one of my favorite comedians, Chris Porter, who we ended up meeting afterwards! Great night for sure.

14 Likes

Ahhhh this sounds so wonderful enjoy enjoy enjoy.xxx

2 Likes

Same. Single but sober. Grateful.

6 Likes

Hell yes of course it does

1 Like

Excellent. Heā€™s friends with the guys in Shinedown, my favorite band.

1 Like

I slept on and off all day. Iā€™m sick with respiratory congestion and so is hubby and heā€™s working. My son is also sick but my daughter has gone unscathed so far. :face_with_thermometer::sneezing_face::mask:

2 Likes

My evening was full of thisā€¦

Check On, 2 Wellington
Check On, 2 roulade
Check On, 2 sea breamā€¦
Check on, 2ā€¦
Check on, 2ā€¦

Never making truffles for valentineā€™s day ever again.

3 Likes

Taught contact improvisation this morning (one of my favorite things to teach!) met my bc for a leisurely lunch at a local spot. Then we went and Bought some books at a second hand bookstore. Then went for my first ever ā€œsalt float therapyā€ sessionā€¦which was RAD! Then a freaking delectable five course meal that Iā€™m now attempting to recover from. Everyone was was byo-ing bottles of red and champagneā€¦I was happily downing sparkling water. So very pleased that I can remember my Valentineā€™s Day this year!!:heart:

3 Likes

None for me. Satisfied myself asking some of the married fellas at work if they were doing anything special for their wives. Some sweet stories there.

Otherwise I did get some thoughtful messages from other single friends and someone sent me a nice box of mixed nuts :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

Off to my meeting then, cheerio!

5 Likes

Sober & single Valentineā€™s be likeā€¦

8 Likes

I hope you all feel better soon!!

Sounds like a wonderful day especially the second hand bookstore. What was the salt float like? I am curious to try it