Sober wedding!

Today my cousin is getting married. This will be my first big family gathering since going sober. The day I got the letter i freaked out. I didn’t think I could go. But today im confident I’ll leave the wedding sober. Its gunna be a great day!

12 Likes

Yeah … Enjoy the wedding, stay strong and look forward to all the wonderful memories you’ll have tomorrow. You can make it :muscle::muscle::muscle:

1 Like

I’m going to my cousin’s wedding next wk. I’m planning on going to a meeting a night before and leaving early

1 Like

I did it! I also had so much fun. It was such a beautiful ceremony. I’m really glad I went. I proved to myself I can still go out and have fun. I just need a plan in case it becomes to much but even then I’m still staying sober.

7 Likes

Did you sober dance? I found out I’m a better dancer when I’m sober. White boy got rhythm.

1 Like

Not on the dance floor but I did next to our table. I had my 1 yr old niece with me so I was a little to tired to get on the actual dance floor haha @Englishd

2 Likes

robot voice White boy…rhythm…non sequitur! Does not compute, system failure! Lol
@Ninjakitty isn’t it awesome when you make it through something like that? Theres such a feeling of accomplishment to it, and its enlightening to realize you dont have to be buzzed to have fun, congrats!

3 Likes

I challenge you to a dance off!

1 Like

Lol, I’m pretty sure we’d both lose… :confused:

2 Likes

But anyone watching would win

4 Likes

Make sure you have a plan. Have a Great time!

If I didn’t have my niece I would have definitely won haha

2 Likes

I had lots of fun. I had my niece on purpose actually. To help keep me focused on a hands on reason to stay sober. And it worked perfectly

I challenge @Ninjakitty to a dance off. Damnit I’m having a dance off with someone!

1 Like

Lol, I didn’t say I wouldn’t do it…just that we’d lose, drunk or sober I’m pretty good at embarrassing myself.
lmao, now ur gettin waaay too ambitious dude, I can promise u she’d kick ur ass! haha

1 Like

I will dominate! Also, I have a date with a karaoke machine this Saturday. I am the master of poorly singing karaoke

1 Like

Yes but the rest of us would win!

2 Likes

Please record this…we absolutely have to hear it lol

2 Likes

Tone deaf white boy singing ice ice baby

1 Like

I have a family wedding coming up back in Canada this summer… not looking forward to it (in some ways).