Sober Weightloss group?

I know there is a workout group here but I was wondering if we could have a check in for people who want to lose weight after getting sober.

I have pretty much just replaced alcohol with food at this point. Super unhealthy and I’m getting major body image issues because of it. I’ve always had a pretty unhealthy relationship with food and I want to make better sober choices with my nutrition. I’ve seen a few other people post that they have been wanting to make changes to their body and healthier habits so I was thinking 1) we could all check in together daily or weekly to keep ourselves accountable 2) we could pair off and do the same sort of thing through pm.

Would anyone be interested in something like that?

25 Likes

That sounds good. I guess I should put the icecream up, lol… tomorrow

3 Likes

I’m definitely in! I have another 20 pounds I need to lose.

4 Likes

I’d definitely be interested! I’ve wanted to lose weight for a couple years now and haven’t been able to because of my drinking. But I’m really trying now.

2 Likes

I was just looking through, great ideas and laughs

4 Likes

I would like to be a part of this! Trying to shed my weight from baby #3. I’ve got about 10-15 to lose so I’d love some more motivation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great I’m excited there are a few people on board!

Donyou have the my fitness pal app?

@MoCatt @zomin92 @Chris8 @Allicat388

Yayyyy! I’m excited to have people who want to do this too.

I’ve been using myfitnesspal, do any of you have this too? It’s a super useful tool.

4 Likes

I do, christinajohnson88 is my username

I didnt even know you could add friends on there!

I’ll get it tonight!

Awesome. My username is beechasebee

I’m on it. Will get back with my username!

1 Like

I got your request! It’s nice because it tells you what your friends are doing how many days are logging in and depending on your settings you could even share your food diary

2 Likes

I was just thinking that I need some sober friends to be able to chat with and help me stay on task.

2 Likes

I sent you gals some invitations! I’m expectopatronuslumos :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m interested! I havent logged into MFP for a long time, but I bought a Fitbit, so that I could use MFP! I’m not sure what my username is, so let me add you guys and I will post it when I figure it out, lol.

2 Likes

My fitness pal is an awesome app. Its a great way to keep your calories in check. I go on and off with using it. I have a general idea everyday what im consuming, but its easy to forget. Homecooked meals are always tricky to account for calorie though, or at least they take more effort to know how many calories are in them.

4 Likes

Just signed up! zomin92

1 Like

Sent you a request

1 Like