Sober Weightloss group?

I am hthrlu.

1 Like

Myfitnesspal works great.
Tricky putting in info for the first week or so but after that itā€™s pretty easy.

My food diary from today is embarrassing but Iā€™ll probably turn that on so it keeps me in check.

1 Like

I havent logged in for months! I will start tomorrow!

1 Like

Great idea, I am in :wink::+1: Need to lose 10-15 pounds and did not know that this can be sooooo hard. I did reduce my calory intake but nothing happens since weeks. Everybody tells me that I donā€™t look fat but I want my old weight back :sob:

2 Likes

Iā€™m in! 15 days sober here and dieting.
Used to be super fitā€¦ And then the drinking got in the way, I have 10 to 15 lbs to lose. Iā€™m on MyFitnessPal! MissYok0

1 Like

I would be interested.

1 Like

OMW yes I have replace binge drinking with eating everything in sight.love the idea thanks

3 Likes

I totally want in on this too! Iā€™ve got to get rid of the sweets and make sure I move more. I do have MFP, I havenā€™t used it in a long time but Iā€™m going to again in a week when my vaca is over. My user name is MandiMuscles. Time to get back to truly taking care of myself! I love this thread, thanks for starting it!

2 Likes

What a great idea! Iā€™d love to check in with you guys from time to time! I put on at least 16 lbs in the past 2 years and donā€™t feel comfortable with the extra weight at all.
Sobriety for me is also about finally taking care of myself after treating my body like shit for ā€¦ well forever.

3 Likes

I like that you can quickly use that barcode scan feature on the MyFitnessPal app. Instead of searching for each food while logging your daily calorie intake. Super helpful app!

4 Likes

I love it too!

1 Like

Seeing all you guys in here talking about it motivated me to reinstall that app. Maybe I can be consistent with it this time around :grinning: Hopefully.

2 Likes

Hm I donā€™t know this app you guys are talking about, is it for calorie counting? I think Iā€™ll just focus on exercise and making healthier meal choices for a start - but good luck on that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey yā€™all - man, I had a nice surprise when I logged in to MyFitnessPal after two years away: 21 pounds lighter! Still have a ways to go though. Iā€™m excited to do this with yā€™all.

Iā€™m Mocatt74.

3 Likes

You can log your food, track your waters and exercise, look up recipes and help motivate your friends. It was super helpful to me when I lost weight and didnā€™t want to pay for weight watchers!

4 Likes

For the ones who are already counting calories and not seeing any changes. Get a kitchen scale and take the habit to weight everything (even snacks) it is the most accurate way.
Youā€™ll see that that chicken breast you were eating is not 5 oz but more like 10 oz.

4 Likes

It does help to realize what you really eat. When you track down everything, even the sodas, Starbucks and such, you quickly figure the extra uneeded calories.

3 Likes

I created an account on MFP now too, if you guys wanna add me Iā€™m ā€œrockingGirl80ā€ :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks @MandiH and @Yoko! Iā€™m going to give it a go, some extra motivation doesnā€™t hurt! Iā€™m off to the gym now, hope you have a productive day! :muscle:

3 Likes