Sober Weightloss group?

I’ll have to look into it

1 Like

I use it, it’s the only thing that has ever worked for me!

1 Like

I actually used to use it - I forgot - but they had a massive data breach so I deleted it. :confused:

ohhh didn’t know that. Good reason!!!

Found this low cal brownie recipie and figured I’d share it here.

You can Make it even more low cal by subbing margarine, egg white, and stevia.

1 Like

Well I’m down almost 10 lbs in the past 2 months, which is a slow but steady rate. Calorie tracking, weighing my food, and working out have all helped. My cravings have started to chill out too thank God.

3 Likes

That’s great! Look at you go. I still need to step on a scale and see what’s up lol

2 Likes

So, I have never really had a sweet tooth. Not even after I stopped drinking (46 days so far), but over the last couple weeks it’s all I can do not to munch on sweets. I’ve also seemed to plateau on the weight loss - lost 13 lbs the first month, now nothing. I don’t think I’m eating enough sweets to compensate for the empty calories I stopped drinking, but I’m not sure what’s up. Nothing much else has changed in terms of diet and physical activity, but I am eating better and more regularly. Any ideas? The only thing left to do is start going to the gym, which I’m ok with but I dont believe in diets, just healthy lifestyle choices so I dont fall.off that wagon, too. Lol

3 Likes

I don´t know whats going on about the sweet cravings (never had a problem with that) but as far as I kow the plateau thing is pretty normal. In the beginning of every weigh loss you first loose some “easy” weight (like water and stuff) and then it slows down. Also if you changed to a helthier lifestyle you are probably losing fat and building muscles. Muscels are havier then fat so in many cases people who start to train or live healthier actually gain weight for a time. Just give it time and don´t focus too much on the actual numbers, you are going to notice other positive changes!

2 Likes

I am on my third day of counting fats. My goal is to consume 10 g or less, which was recommended on a website to lower cholesterol.
Back to 2% milk. I have been loving the full fat kind.
So reading labels again too. It’s working so far.
I couldn’t download MyFitnessPal. It says they can’t process my request. I keep trying and get same result.
Any suggestions?:unicorn:

Sorry, I never used that app :woman_shrugging:

I’m going to dermatologist and usually when I’m out and about I stop and get a snack at Burger King or McD. Gotta figure out someway to quit that. I’m already thinking I’m depriving myself by not going there today.
Those is my fourth day limiting fats.:anguished::confused::thinking::unamused:

I used MFP only in the beginning, I needed to see what I did wrong with my diet. I don’t count calories any more now, I just stopped eating gluten. Even my Dr. recommended this bc of my Hashimotos disease. Now I’m finally losing weight!

2 Likes

Gluten is usually the devil when you’ve got autoimmune disorders. Glad you’re feeling better!

2 Likes

Yup, finally I found out :wink: It’s hard tho bc I LOVE bread :sob: And the gf ones have been like chewing sand and dust :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, I wish I could say it gets better…but it really doesn’t lol.

2 Likes

I’m working a performance nutrition program. It’s about hitting macros and meal timing, etc. It’s called renaissance periodazation. @rpstrength on Instagram if curious about it.

Current goal is to hit 120 grams protein, 75 grams fat, 90 grams carbs, and 40 grams casein protein (before bed) daily. I stay on that until I plateau, then I move to next phase. The above is my baseline/starting numbers. I’m focusing more on body comp changes verses numbers on scale. 140 pounds of fat looks different than 140 pounds of muscle.

1 Like

Ooh noo :sob: At least I found some good gf pasta. But I try not to eat it too often, I really try to have veggies, good fats and protein

So I just weighed myself for the first time in about 2 weeks. In 59 days I’ve lost 20 lbs, all I presume because I stopped drinking. I was doing meal replacement shakes for breakfast for several weeks but found that I never felt fully nourished. My energy was low. I don’t really have a regular eating schedule, per se, I’ve always just eaten when I was hungry, but the weight is just sloughing off again after a short plateau. I’m not sure how healthy it is to lose so much so fast. I’m planning to start working out over the fall/winter to try to keep the blues at bay. I guess I’ll have to focus on strength rather than weight loss as I had planned. Nervous about going to the gym. Not exactly the tight pants and sports bra type lol

8 Likes

Look at you go!

2 Likes