Sobriety films

The Dirt. It’s the Motley crue biopic so it contains heavy drug use, but it also shows Nikki sixx getting sober. Vince Neil too.

4 Likes

Thank you, Fran! +1

A Star is Born wrecked me.

1 Like

Crazy Heart X

Flight

Smashed

Everything must go - not sure if it’s about sobriety, but definitely about alcoholism

Book was awesome!

1 Like

dont worry he wont get far on foot

1 Like

Tyrannosaur. Its on Amazon Prime. It deals with alcoholism and domestic abuse. A very difficult/shocking watch.

I got this list from a podcast I was listening to.

1 Like

I also want to see Rachel Getting Married with Anne Hathaway

1 Like

Days of Wine and Roses is an incredible classic film. There’s a scene in which Jack Lemmon is looking for liquor he hid while sober that captures drunken despair so well; it’s truly chilling. Jack Lemmon and Lee Remick play a couple caught up in addiction together. The film is very effective in showing the evolution of alcoholism as well as the codependency in couples with the disease. Really fine acting.

3 Likes

This one has been in my queue, is it good???

I watched The Dirt but with my dear mother and stepfather in the room so it was jolly awkward.

I watched it again today because mötley crue are one of my favourite bands and I managed to enjoy it from an entertainment level. Good call, @Englishd

1 Like

i enjoyed it, worth a view for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is great, book is even better!!

Girl on a Train was good- not centrally focused on alcoholism per say, but it illustrated how it can effect marriages, credibility, self worth & the struggle of gaining back others respect when you get sober… But I feel like the movie itself focused on a murder being witnessed/suspected by an alcoholic.

Ok, this movie is not available at the moment :frowning_face: Watching “when a man loves a woman” right now. Ugh…bad memories pop up
Update: I’m a sobbing mess :cry:
Thank you HP that I was able to get sober!

1 Like

I haven’t seen the movie but I loved the book.